Light-O-Rama Forums

Error - Channel is already in track

Richard Hamilton

Since I did not find this error in the search engine, I am curious if anyone else has run across it.

Today I was setting the final channel numbers on a couple of controllers with one of my songs loaded, and then I exported the configuration.

While loading all my other songs and importing the new channel configuration, all 17 of my songs imported channels ok except for one. That song gave the error of "Channel is already in track." It's not clear to me as to what that error means. I checked all the tracks and they appear the same as all the other songs that imported just fine.

I'm coming back to say I found the problem. In case someone else has this issue, you might check this below:

The error of "Channel is already in track" was actually a misleading message in my case. After a good night of sleep and coming back to look at the problem, I saw that one of my channels on the very bottom track was missing in that song. So it wasn't the fact that the track was already there.... it wasn't listed at all.

I guess the import sequence was trying to somehow match up the channels I already had with the channels it tried to import. I assummed it would just import channels regardless of what I had in the song, but it didn't. Thus, if a channel accidentially gets deleted in a sequence and you re-import channel configurations, this error message might appear.

If you still have an old copy of the file that gave this problem, could you please send it to me, along with the export file that you were using?

LOR itself saves a ".bak" copy of the file every time you do a save, so even if you didn't explicitly make a backup yourself, your ".bak" file might still be good for my purposes (as long as you didn't save more than once after successfully importing).

For example, let's say your sequence is named MySequence.lms. Then the automatic backup will be in the same directory as that file, and named MySequence.lms.bak.

Thanks.

bob wrote:

If you still have an old copy of the file that gave this problem, could you please send it to me, along with the export file that you were using?

Sure thing Bob. I keep copies of EVERYTHING ;-)

I emailed a stripped down file size version that demonstrates the error, and explain in the email how it occurred, and how I fixed it.

Thanks very much, but I haven't received that email... did you send it to bob@lightorama.com, or somewhere else? If you sent it somewhere else, could you please forward it to bob@lightorama.com?

Thanks again.

bob wrote:

Thanks very much, but I haven't received that email... did you send it to bob@lightorama.com, or somewhere else? If you sent it somewhere else, could you please forward it to bob@lightorama.com?

Thanks again.

Sorry Bob, I did not know your email address. I orginally sent it to "support" and mentioned your name and this thread. I just now forwarded it to you as well. Thanks