Jump to content

Command Line Activation.


seamanrob
 Share

Recommended Posts

I know its been asked before, and Dan did say on a thread written in 2005 that he would as the programmer if there was any way of activating a show via windows command line (C prompt)., but it was never really answered successfully.

Has anyone had any experience with starting a show from the terminal window or c prompt. Its just that I want to write a batch file / touch screen routine that sits outside the front of my house and when the touch screen is pressed, the batch file runs and the show runs on demand.

Im not running in standalone mode, i need to interface with this pc in order to get it working.

Any suggestions welcome. ;)

Im a total newb with LOR but have done some batch file work and perl programming in the past.

Rob

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Richard Hamilton

I can understand your need if you want the visitor to be able to select from one of many songs like in a random jukebox style, but if your goal is simply to start the program running, you can use an existing feature... external trigger switch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thanks richard, but i was under the impression the external switch triggered a standalone unit, and not a pc (I dont have a director card controlling the units - its straight from the computer).

Is this not the case? If not, how would I go about setting up the external switch. or is it the same as normal - between the two pins on the CTB16D controller?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As of RIGHT NOW the director card is the EASIEST way to do this - it supports 6 triggers. Dan has said there will be a card out down the road that will plug into the network and send the triggers back to the computer - the USB booster connector is required from the available documentation.

Harrison

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Richard Hamilton

hbomb341 wrote:

As of RIGHT NOW the director card is the EASIEST way to do this - it supports 6 triggers. Dan has said there will be a card out down the road that will plug into the network and send the triggers back to the computer - the USB booster connector is required from the available documentation.

Harrison


Oh, now that USB communication feature would be SWEET! It's a feature I would use.

Seaman, I'll defer answering the question about standalone unit triggering to someone who's actually done it. I've only used the feature on the show director for that.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Richard Hamilton wrote:

hbomb341 wrote:
As of RIGHT NOW the director card is the EASIEST way to do this - it supports 6 triggers. Dan has said there will be a card out down the road that will plug into the network and send the triggers back to the computer - the USB booster connector is required from the available documentation.

Harrison


Oh, now that USB communication feature would be SWEET! It's a feature I would use.

Seaman, I'll defer answering the question about standalone unit triggering to someone who's actually done it. I've only used the feature on the show director for that.

The stand alone triggers is just like the director but doesn't support music but you can give it commands to ANY LOR unit just not the one being triggers. Just download a sequence using Hardware Utility and tell it to run when triggered.

Harrison
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok guys well i think if there is no command line run command such as

c:program fileslight-o-ramaLORshow.exe /r "xmas1.lms"

or something similar, then i will hold off for this USB speciality, and simply run my show continuously this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

seamanrob wrote:

ok guys well i think if there is no command line run command such as

c:program fileslight-o-ramaLORshow.exe /r "xmas1.lms"

or something similar, then i will hold off for this USB speciality, and simply run my show continuously this year.



There is not a way to do this now - but if you follow the second link you can KINDA do this by changing the show files out. So a batch file to rename old rename new and or move file sin and out so when the system "polls" the show it will run that show. Spend some time reading the 2nd link from above.

Harrison
Link to comment
Share on other sites

thanks Harrison - wasnt paying too much attention earlier, was busy trying to get all the UK 3 pins connected to the LOR units. Taken me 2 days for 32 channels. Glad I started early.
Will look into your second link in more depth shortly. Certainly a good way to go with the call attendant software.
Many thanks
Rob

Link to comment
Share on other sites

seamanrob wrote:

thanks Harrison - wasnt paying too much attention earlier, was busy trying to get all the UK 3 pins connected to the LOR units. Taken me 2 days for 32 channels. Glad I started early.
Will look into your second link in more depth shortly. Certainly a good way to go with the call attendant software.
Many thanks
Rob

No problem - I do wish there was some way to trigger things from an outside application. I PERSONALLY would like to ability to have on my website an admin page for Kicking off a sequence and the hardware utility - so it can be a little easier to control the show remotely. Right now I RDP into the box from the world and change what I need.

Harrison
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...