Light-O-Rama Forums

HOW MANY?????

cpoth

I have a 16 controller unit...this is my first year and I have spent since last year programming 40 mins. of music...now for the tough part......how many lights max can I put on each channel?.....just looking for simple numbers like 100...200...300 or what?

Do you have a 16D or the 16PC? You would need to figure out by amps. For example the 16D can handle 8 amps a channel or 40 amps total. A typical 100ct mini light set is around .3 amps or so.

The 16PC can handle 8 amps per channel and 30 amps total. So with some basic math you should be able to figure it out. I think in the maual it gives you an idea of the number of lights a controller can handle.

This might help.

http://www.planetchristmas.com/FigurePower.htm

As previously stated, depends. There are many important factors but if you just want simple numbers:

PC Board - 5 strings of 100 lights/string per channel for a grand total of 80 strings ~ 8000 lights
D Board - 7 strings of 100 lights/string per channel for a grand total of 112 strings ~ 11200 lights

Of course high efficiency and or LED lights will increase max lights per channel. There are many other considerations but this is about as basic as you can get.

cpoth wrote:

I have a 16 controller unit...this is my first year and I have spent since last year programming 40 mins. of music...now for the tough part......how many lights max can I put on each channel?.....just looking for simple numbers like 100...200...300 or what?

Yo cpoth. Have you looked in the manual? There are several examples of values listed in there. Also, try conducting a search on this forum. I have run across many threads discussing this topic so I confident the information already exists on here in several places.

actually my question was answered byt he first person who gave me the website I was looking for....I am well within my range and am going to start my testing tomorrow.....thanks for all the help