Light-O-Rama Forums

ccr tree

sysco

i have a 17 foot 12-old ccr-150d tree  would like to cut it down to 12 foot tree getting to hard to manage putting it up and taken it down I would have to cut the strips no problem there  just wondering about the sequences what would i have to do to adjust them to the 12 foot tree any ideas  thank you 

1 hour ago, sysco said:

i have a 17 foot 12-old ccr-150d tree  would like to cut it down to 12 foot tree getting to hard to manage putting it up and taken it down I would have to cut the strips no problem there  just wondering about the sequences what would i have to do to adjust them to the 12 foot tree any ideas  thank you 

Replace the strips with pixels. I went from 17ft down to 9ft when I did that.

You can get pixels in 1", 1.5", 2", and 3" spacing.

1 hour ago, sysco said:

Yup what he said.

The boscoyo strips are 10' long. I just built a 10' 360 pixel tree right before Christmas.

You can add a little strip and use the 1" spacing. As long as your pixel count remains the same 50/50 or whatever # pixels you currently have in your sequences match you will not have a problem. No mods required to the sequence.

You could have a 50" tree as long as the pixel count is the same.

JR

31 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Replace the strips with pixels. I went from 17ft down to 9ft when I did that.

You can get pixels in 1", 1.5", 2", and 3" spacing.

Boscoyo will make strips with any spacing that you want.

1 hour ago, sysco said:

You could also use the winch method flag pole tree design and make you a topper that you can hook your current setup on and winch it up. Im gonna do that with my MT 24' tall in 2020 Christmas. 

JR

I hate to give up on the ccr's . i guess i'll have to go with pixels for a smaller tree rather than the ccr strips. what about appearance the ccr's seem to be more clear than pixels when using faces ect. just basing it on what i saw on some videos it doesn't  seem really clear. what are your thoughts on ccr's  vs pixels   thank you Blair      

10 minutes ago, sysco said:

I hate to give up on the ccr's . i guess i'll have to go with pixels for a smaller tree rather than the ccr strips. what about appearance the ccr's seem to be more clear than pixels when using faces ect. just basing it on what i saw on some videos it doesn't  seem really clear. what are your thoughts on ccr's  vs pixels   thank you Blair      

Other than my pixel trees strings being farther apart because I had to use 16 strings at 360 deg there is no loss of quality  of the effects.

I sent you a video. Next year I will add more strips to the tree.

As I noted this was a quick decision to build. I got tired of seeing my huge frame and not using it in a long time.

I used the regular CCR tree sequences since the pixel count was 50 as well. 

JR

14 minutes ago, sysco said:

It's not as clear as the strips, but if you want something more manageable, then this is the way to go. I have ran both strips and pixels and I prefer the strips, but I like being able to handle the tree by myself. It still produces a really good picture though.

11 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

It's not as clear as the strips, but if you want something more manageable, then this is the way to go. I have ran both strips and pixels and I prefer the strips, but I like being able to handle the tree by myself. It still produces a really good picture though.

As far as the clarity, my pixel tree looked as clear as the ccr tree. It may have looked equal if I had spaced the bottom of the tree as close as the ccr tree but having to spread out the 16 strings in a 360 about doubled the bottom spacing. Still everyone like that 10' tree. Out of everything they noticed it was the fact I add that tree to the other side of my driveway. "How did you get power to it?" was the question of the day.

When I had the driveway made I ensured the expansion joints were deeper and wider. I run the cables in the expansion joint. I use spikes on each side of the driveway and ziptie the cables ensuring they wont come up. 

JR

The biggest advantage of pixels over ribbons is the ability to space them any amount that you want.  When I first built my pixel tree in 2012, it was 12 x 50 with 2.5 inch spacing - so 50 pixels was 122.5 inches from the center of the top pixel to the center of the bottom pixel.  When I rebuilt it for 2018 into a 24 x 100 tree, I went with 1.333 inch spacing.  That gets the individual pixels almost the exact same spacing of the LEDs on a CCR - except that I CAN control each one individually.  One of the big advantages of exactly doubling the number of pixels in my tree (both X and Y axis) is that it was VERY easy to expand the tree in SuperStar and have stuff come out evenly.  As opposed to for example expanding from 12 to 20 strings would have resulted in some thing doubling and some not. 

54 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

The biggest advantage of pixels over ribbons is the ability to space them any amount that you want.  When I first built my pixel tree in 2012, it was 12 x 50 with 2.5 inch spacing - so 50 pixels was 122.5 inches from the center of the top pixel to the center of the bottom pixel.  When I rebuilt it for 2018 into a 24 x 100 tree, I went with 1.333 inch spacing.  That gets the individual pixels almost the exact same spacing of the LEDs on a CCR - except that I CAN control each one individually.  One of the big advantages of exactly doubling the number of pixels in my tree (both X and Y axis) is that it was VERY easy to expand the tree in SuperStar and have stuff come out evenly.  As opposed to for example expanding from 12 to 20 strings would have resulted in some thing doubling and some not. 

thank you for the information very helpful just wondering about spacing, question answered  Blair 

• The topic was locked