Light-O-Rama Forums

2801 4 wire Pixel, what wires is +, -, data, clock

wt1924

Hello everyone!

I have had these 2801 4 wire pixels for many years. They are run with an older one universe controller. The problem - The UPS person walked thru my yard and ripped the wires from the pixel waterproof connector. I do not remember what wire is what. There is a red, black, blue, and green. The 4 wire waterproof connector is different colors at the controller to where I soldered the connections together. They have yellowed so I can't see in them. I can't find my spares. The company I bought them from said they can't help with an older legacy product. Would anyone happen to know what color is what on old 2801 Holiday Coro pixels? They are 2015 or 14.

My arches were dark the rest of the year cause I was scared to guess what wire was what and no help from the vendor. I just need to wire the connector back to the pixels, which was ripped off.

2801 Pixels.jpg

Look close at the board inside those nodes where the wires are soldered going in. (can be any node) there should be labels near the plated thru holes.

Red and Black are pretty much a standard + and -

• 2 months later...

Thanks Duck and Laff for posting a while back. I ran into the bag that the pixels came in that told me the wires.

RGB 8mm 2801

Blue - 12v negative

Black - 12v positive

Green - Data

Red - Clock

Who would have thought that order? Those are from 2015.

2 hours ago, wt1924 said:

Thanks Duck and Laff for posting a while back. I ran into the bag that the pixels came in that told me the wires.

RGB 8mm 2801

Blue - 12v negative

Black - 12v positive

Green - Data

Red - Clock

OMG  Why would they deviate so far afield of common usage?  Word tto the rest of us. KEEP those data sheets that came wit the items, handy (and be sure to mark which strings they go to,

On 3/10/2020 at 7:00 PM, wt1924 said:

RGB 8mm 2801

Blue - 12v negative

Black - 12v positive

Green - Data

Red - Clock

Geez!

It's been my experience on the phone with people that wire colors are all over the map.  Even ordering from the same person/factory in China can net you different colors on 2 orders.

In fact I was just talking to someone yesterday that had Red, White and Yellow for 2811s.  If I had to guess it would be Red +, White -, Yellow D+.

I have lights from about a dozen manufacturers and they all have different color orders. I just keep them in their static bag as the bag has the wiring diagram on the outside.