Light-O-Rama Forums

Going to sell 2ea CTB16PC Controllers

Tim R

I have 2 that im going to sell, one is a Gen 2 and one is a Gen1,  what is the going rate for used controllers these days.  I didn't see any on here recently that were sold.

Thanks for any help.

Tim.

I've seen on occasion Gen 1's going for as low as $75.00 and up to $125.  Gen 2's I've seen anywhere from $100-$150, on occasion sometimes $175 at the highest.

Please fully describe for the audience. Are these Fully assembled factory units with all the pigtails? Factory build board, you assemble KIT ?

Or user built board.  Pictures can answer a lot :D

Here's another one.  Both were purchased from lor,  All I had to do was install the pigtails and power cords.

Thanks for the help guys.

LOR1.JPGOR, P

Edited by Tim R
added text

Tim the one on the right looks like a GEN 3. Does it have a green light when in use, if so it is a Gen 3.

• Like 1

Thanks Earle, but it is printed on the board  " CTB16PCG2 - V4,   but it has the green light while in use.

There was a series of Gen 3 that when they first came out the board was marked that way and they used the older type box. Then they changed to the newer style of box and marked the boards correctly, at one time I had both style of Gen 3 controllers ( I liked the old style best).  

5 hours ago, Tim R said:

Thanks Earle, but it is printed on the board  " CTB16PCG2 - V4,   but it has the green light while in use.

Don’t worry about the print, the green light and also when you find in in HU it should say Gen3

JR

V1 = 125 max

V2 = 175 max

V3 = 225 max

Now these prices are for used not new

Now some people list for more in hopes to get more but in all reality this is all they are worth. Good luck mate

Edited by Mr Grunts

4 hours ago, Mr Grunts said:

V1 = 125 max

V2 = 175 max

V3 = 225 max

Now some people list for more in hopes to get more but in all reality this is all they are worth. Good luck mate

I would say you are correct only if LOR built the board.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

You are correct, LOR Built!!!!!!. Price drops 20 to 30 bucks if LOR didn't build it. Also remember if you do not buy from LOR, no warranty.

10 hours ago, Mr Grunts said:

V1 = 125 max

V2 = 175 max

V3 = 225 max

6 hours ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

Like I stated originally, I've seen these same prices {and lower} for V1 and V2.  Haven't really paid much attention to the V3 versions since I don't own any of that era, just V2 versions.  And some of the prices are for NON-LOR built boards, as well as Pre-assembled/fully assembled boards by LOR.

Just have to watch and know what to look for when purchasing used equipment like this.   especially since it looks like there were quite a lot of mis-marked V3 versions out there.   So, someone may end up selling one of those for a V2 price, thinking it's not a Gen 3 Controller, when it really is.

Sometimes buying used stuff can be quite confusing at times!  Especially if you're not really all that familiar with the product line.

Edited by Orville

6 minutes ago, Orville said:

Like I stated originally, I've seen these same prices {and lower} for V1 and V2.  Haven't really paid much attention to the V3 versions since I don't own any of that era, just V2 versions.  And some of the prices are for NON-LOR built boards, as well as Pre-assembled/fully assembled boards by LOR.

Just have to watch and know what to look for when purchasing used equipment like this.   especially since it looks like there were quite a lot of mis-marked V3 versions out there.   So, someone may end up selling one of those for a V2 price, thinking it's not a Gen 3 Controller, when it really is.

Sometimes buying used stuff can be quite confusing at times!  Especially if you're not really all that familiar with the product line.

Your very correct Orville, I do not want to sell someone one of these until I know in fact what generation it is,  I will plug  in this one in question when I get home tonight and confirm in HU  what generation it is as dibblejr  has mentioned.

I will get back to you on this,   Thanks for everyone's help.

If you purchase this early in the year for more (or a couple bucks less) than the MAD GRAB sale prices you are a fool. The warranty is worth at least 10-20 bucks to me.   Just my two cents. 

• The topic was locked