Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Sales

Mark Currell

A complete wanna-be Newbie here.......

I'd love to get started, but if i can find out when LOR has its sales to get a better bargain, it might be able to help me tip the scales........

Watch out Tim the Toolman, or The Griswald's.......Mark from Australia is coming through...... hopefully!!!!!

Mark Currell wrote:

A complete wanna-be Newbie here.......

I'd love to get started, but if i can find out when LOR has its sales to get a better bargain, it might be able to help me tip the scales........

Watch out Tim the Toolman, or The Griswald's.......Mark from Australia is coming through...... hopefully!!!!!

Historically between May and July and last about 2 weeks.

2006 - May 22 - 29

2007 - June 12 - 26

2008 - June 21 - July 7

Harrison

Damn.....missed out then.....

Thanks for advice on setting up for announcements......have registered on many sites associated with LOR......

Trying to get involved........................ :D best of luck to you all in setting up our new lighting sensations!!!! I look forward to seeing your creations here and on the web, you tube etc.....

Take care..........

Mark

The PC-series controllers are the most economical. If you buy them now you won't lose that much money over the LOR sale. For a newbie, the kit that's around $200 where all you do is hook up the cords is probably the best bet. You'll also need the starter kit which consists of the software and computer interface.

So, for something just north of $300, you can get started with 16 channels. Then next year you can buy additional controllers at discount...

If you're willing to do more work and use cheaper-quality cordsets, you can get channels for cheaper still. I made up a 16-channel box for something like $110 this year, but a) I got the board at the LOR sale, and bought the "solder it yourself" variety :D I got the enclosure for free, and c) I used extension cords bought at 90% off last season for my "cordsets".

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

The PC-series controllers are the most economical. If you buy them now you won't lose that much money over the LOR sale. For a newbie, the kit that's around $200 where all you do is hook up the cords is probably the best bet. You'll also need the starter kit which consists of the software and computer interface.

I agree with Tim - go a head and buy one now - if you are intrested. I would not wait LOR will get to the point where they will be back logged for the season - quickly.

Harrison

My two cents:

Download the free demo software and try it out. Then you can see if you have the time to set up for this year. If not, wait for the sale.

hbomb341 wrote:

Tim Fischer wrote:

I agree with Tim - go a head and buy one now - if you are intrested. I would not wait LOR will get to the point where they will be back logged for the season - quickly.

Harrison

Hi Mark,

Kingaroy QLD here. DOnt forget the aussie $ is under 70cents U.S. so ordering modules WILL cost us more over here. If you watch the $ then order when its up it can be a great saving. You can email me for further info as I have used LOR for 2 years (still a Newbee) but may be able to help a bit. dsusher@dodo.com.au

Cheers

David :D