Light-O-Rama Forums

Fundamental help with visualizer 4.4.4.

bbig

Hoping a better title might help find someone who knows the answer to these. 

In preparation to moving to S5 I'm trying to create an accurate visualizer for my house.  However, I haven't been able to find a tutorial that is specific to smart RGBs.  I've imported a picture of my house and that's when things get confusing.  I outlined the house with the square pixels using pixie8s. 

1. Should I be using the CCR wizard to apply the lights?  That's what I am currently using.  

2. When setting the properties for each string it asks for the base unit ID.  So I selected that for all 8 strings I have using a Pixie8. Seems like doing it this way, the stricgs are essentially the same.  Am I missing something?  Should I be using the next available unit ID?  The base for this particular controller is 40.

3. When adding props like arches (i made arches using seeder tubing and the square pixels) do I select "strings" or "CCR"?  Are strings just regular lights?  The square pixels are definitely not a ribbon. If I chose CCR it asks how many pixels per segment which of course the square pixels have only one which isn't an option.

4. Is the visualizer not set up for pixel strings?

5. in the arch wizard, is a segment a string?  When I assume that, it just shows a series of "1s" across the arch.

Any help would be appreciated.  I have watched the tutorials for standard lights but they don't address many of these questions.  Thanks!

12 minutes ago, bbig said:

Hoping a better title might help find someone who knows the answer to these. 

In preparation to moving to S5 I'm trying to create an accurate visualizer for my house.  However, I haven't been able to find a tutorial that is specific to smart RGBs.  I've imported a picture of my house and that's when things get confusing.  I outlined the house with the square pixels using pixie8s. 

1. Should I be using the CCR wizard to apply the lights?  That's what I am currently using.  

2. When setting the properties for each string it asks for the base unit ID.  So I selected that for all 8 strings I have using a Pixie8. Seems like doing it this way, the stricgs are essentially the same.  Am I missing something?  Should I be using the next available unit ID?  The base for this particular controller is 40.

3. When adding props like arches (i made arches using seeder tubing and the square pixels) do I select "strings" or "CCR"?  Are strings just regular lights?  The square pixels are definitely not a ribbon. If I chose CCR it asks how many pixels per segment which of course the square pixels have only one which isn't an option.

4. Is the visualizer not set up for pixel strings?

5. in the arch wizard, is a segment a string?  When I assume that, it just shows a series of "1s" across the arch.

Any help would be appreciated.  I have watched the tutorials for standard lights but they don't address many of these questions.  Thanks!

1- No on the ccr wizard

2- No, if using a pixie 8 setting for different arches change the base unit ID to the next in line ** ensure its assigned to the correct network as the controller in SE

3- Draw strings and select "RGB" in the middles area (if I recall, there is an RGB box though)

4- When you draw "light strings" you can select pixels as noted above in 3

5- RGB is different than normal lights, you just put 50 and its one segment, not the traditional 7 or 8 that we used to have.

** One thing to point out. The vis will only allow up to 50 pixels, nothing larger.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

When adding a rgb light string it seems to assign the number of points automatically.  What are points?  Pixels?  If so, how do I change it to 50?  it won't let me do that manually. Thanks 

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

1- No on the ccr wizard

2- No, if using a pixie 8 setting for different arches change the base unit ID to the next in line ** ensure its assigned to the correct network as the controller in SE

3- Draw strings and select "RGB" in the middles area (if I recall, there is an RGB box though)

4- When you draw "light strings" you can select pixels as noted above in 3

5- RGB is different than normal lights, you just put 50 and its one segment, not the traditional 7 or 8 that we used to have.

** One thing to point out. The vis will only allow up to 50 pixels, nothing larger.

JR

If I use the "light string" function and change it to RGB, it seems to only be adding a traditional rgb leds.  Not smart pixels.  I assume I should be using the pixel DMX tool?