Light-O-Rama Forums

COMM Listener error on my Pixcon16

indi

I've been using my Pixcon16 for my matrix and every now and then it freezes up. Maybe a week or so apart. The comm listener is showing an error. If I restart my computer and restart the show everything works fine.

My question is, if I X out of the comm listener, (after a few seconds it starts back up). If this will clear the error Like it does on a re-startup. Or do I have to restart as I have been doing?

Thanks

Try it and see.  Not gonna hurt anything.

For whatever it's worth, I have a scheduled task to reboot my show computer every Wednesday afternoon at 1550.  Back with my ancient XP show computer, I had it re-boot daily.  My file server re-boots every Wednesday at 1540.

4 hours ago, indi said:

I've been using my Pixcon16 for my matrix and every now and then it freezes up. Maybe a week or so apart. The comm listener is showing an error. If I restart my computer and restart the show everything works fine.

My question is, if I X out of the comm listener, (after a few seconds it starts back up). If this will clear the error Like it does on a re-startup. Or do I have to restart as I have been doing?

Thanks

When I've had a couple issues with something not working quite right, I've clicked on the x in the Comm Listener window, and it does a restart {reboot}of only the Comm Listener. 

Sometimes when I insert my USB WiFi dongle to do something on the internet or  get something off another computer in the house, it fouls up the comm ports in the Comm Listener, I close it with the x, when it reboots back up, everything works fine.    So I've never had to reboot my computer itself, just the comm listener window to resolve any issues thus far.

So far that's worked reliably every time on my old Dell Windows 7 Show computer

Thanks everyone for the reply. Just for information, my show computer is not connected to the internet or anything else. This time of the year, the show computer is never used for anything but my show.

Thanks again