Light-O-Rama Forums

Sphere model

Trickyd

Hello all, 

in the S5 on line manual  it says a cylinder can be used to model a sphere, it has a picture of a sphere beside it, I seem to mis a crucial step to get a sphere on the preview.  

I know a Sphere as a model is there also, but this is not what I want to use, because the sphere I am going to use has vertical spokes and  want to run the pixelstrings top to bottom and up again

Who knows the required steps to get this done?

What is it I do not see, the most obvious probably???

Dick de Wit

The Netherlands

current show, Wilhelmina Childrens Hospital, Utrecht

Edited by Trickyd

Dick,

Your profile says you are using ver 4.4.2, yet you are asking a question about S5. If you are using S5, please update your profile. If you are asking because you are going to upgrade to S5, then here is some info on the sphere prop.

In the doc's for 5.3.12 it shows the following.

sphere1.png

Do you plan on using pixels? I bulit the sphere and the cylinder in Preview (with smart pixels) and both worked as I would expect with vertical spokes. In Prop Definition, you can choose where you want your strings to start as shown below.

sphere2.png

I'm not sure if this answer your question, if not please clarfiy

Hope this helps.

Alan...

Good morning Alan, 

thank you for the reply, 

how does it appear on the previewscreen? As a sphere or a cylinder

happy season

Dick

On 12/22/2019 at 10:06 AM, default said:

Dick,

Your profile says you are using ver 4.4.2, yet you are asking a question about S5. If you are using S5, please update your profile. If you are asking because you are going to upgrade to S5, then here is some info on the sphere prop.

In the doc's for 5.3.12 it shows the following.

sphere1.png

Do you plan on using pixels? I bulit the sphere and the cylinder in Preview (with smart pixels) and both worked as I would expect with vertical spokes. In Prop Definition, you can choose where you want your strings to start as shown below.

sphere2.png

I'm not sure if this answer your question, if not please clarfiy

Hope this helps.

Alan...

Do you have one of these in your display Alan? I've been playing around with it in the sequencer and the effects look very nice.