Light-O-Rama Forums

Latest and Greatest Lor 2

Harbs

Just wondering, has anyone heard anymore about another update for the current LOR software?

Was wondering if we are going to see the fade up/down twinkle /shimmer as mentioned earlier.

Light up time is near and I did not want to miss anything that might be avaiable.

Harbs :)

Harbs wrote:

Just wondering, has anyone heard anymore about another update for the current LOR software?

Was wondering if we are going to see the fade up/down twinkle /shimmer as mentioned earlier.

Light up time is near and I did not want to miss anything that might be avaiable.

Harbs :)

Nothing official, but I kind of doubt it will be here for this year, since it requires a firmware update. But this is just speculation, and I could be wrong...

Since nearly half of my display is CTB-08's which only allow new firmware via new chips, I don't think I'll be switching for this season even if it comes...

-Tim

Even though I am about done- if it hit us early enough- AND I'M NOT COUNTING ON IT!- I would still go back and change what I could. That would be worth it- at least for the sequences I could get time for.

I also want to see a "MIRROR" function where I could select a group of cells and mirror them to an adjacent set of cells.

I also want to be able to right click a cell and set the actual intensity OR dmx intensity of that CELL.

I also want a copy feature that lets me selectively choose cells- so I do not overwrite things I want t o remain the same.

But LOR keeps getting better so I'll see what they have in store for us.

OH YEAH- and sort channel rows by color or other option. So I could sort all the red channels and then sort it right back the other way.

RW

FBW4 wrote:

I also want to be able to right click a cell and set the actual intensity OR dmx intensity of that CELL.

You can go to Cell Info in the View (I think) Menu and see the current intensity, but not set it. I've always wished this was in the right-click menu because it's a pain to find. Your idea of setting the intensity there is even better.
I also want a copy feature that lets me selectively choose cells- so I do not overwrite things I want t o remain the same.

Have you tried using "foreground effects" and "background effects" in LOR 2? For example, if you have a simple chase, turn on "background effects", then add a fade up over the top of the chase. Only the cells without the chase in them will be effected, so the end result is that your cells will chase while the background fades up. Similarly, start with a regular chase, turn on "foreground", and apply the fade. This time, the "little pieces" of the chase will fade up, and you'll get a chase sequence that fades. Pretty cool.

OH YEAH- and sort channel rows by color or other option. So I could sort all the red channels and then sort it right back the other way.

You can kind of do this with tracks now, but I agree, having sort orders (preferably saved as "sort sets" or something) would be great.

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

Since nearly half of my display is CTB-08's which only allow new firmware via new chips, I don't think I'll be switching for this season even if it comes...

-Tim

Woah!!! My entire display is CTB-08's. Are you saying that the only way to do a firmaware update is to replace some chip?

ShowProKevin wrote:

Tim Fischer wrote:

-Tim

Woah!!! My entire display is CTB-08's. Are you saying that the only way to do a firmaware update is to replace some chip?

Yeah. I've done it before and it isn't that big of deal -- the chip in question is socketed. Just not as easy as a download, plus it's a new micro so you have to tell it what unit it is again.

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

ShowProKevin wrote:
Tim Fischer wrote:

-Tim

Yeah. I've done it before and it isn't that big of deal -- the chip in question is socketed. Just not as easy as a download, plus it's a new micro so you have to tell it what unit it is again.

-Tim

How do I obtain it?

ShowProKevin wrote:

How do I obtain it?

First, do you need it? (Some of) my boards are 5 years old, and the firmware upgrades were to solve specific issues I was having with older firmware (e.g. units changing their unit ID's because of noise on the line).

If your stuff works now, there's no reason to upgrade. When S2-specific firmware comes out, LOR will upgrade them by sending you chips to replace the current chips on your boards.

-Tim