Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR LED Light

Guest guest

Ok, here is 1 of 2 pics. I would like to be able to hook these led lights up to my boxes so when they are shut and locked, I can still see there is power to each side of controller.

Attached files 44014=2581-ledlight.jpg

I am not an expert on this subject but I think you could solder it to the bottem of the LED circut. Now Also I dont think that is good because you need to have all of the components on the same-side of the board. Also if you just want power then get a transformer and add it to the main power in.

--Daniel L

Check the rating of the LED. Can it handle 120VAC. I have bought a few of these to use as test lights for circuits so I did not need to plug in strings of lights. The ones I bought were good for 120V. They could attach directly to the power coming in. I don't think the LED's can be plugged directly into 120 unless they have an additional resistance.

Chris

If you just want to see the light and not fussy how you do it .. here is a trick I used several times. Drill a hole in your cabinet directly above the LED on the board put a glass grommet (palstic dowel also works or a tiddley wink) filler in the hole, then take the a drinking straw and cut it so it fits to just below the glass and to the LED (you can be up 1/2 inch away) on the cabinet and stick the straw on the LED on the board ---- presto .. poor mans light extender .. or MACD opitcal extender

price of the straw .. steal them from Macdonalds ..

blinkies on the outside of the cabnet = priceless

I can see all LOR users sticking straws on their LEDS to see how far the light can go ..

I hope here is a picture in the dark of course with a Manilla folder over the straw ... so it is quite bright ...

Attached files 44068=2585-led-extender.jpg

I am considering using a piece of fiber-optic cable with one side placed on the LOR LED and the other routed to a hole in the enclosure, that way I am not modifying the board at all and still have a visual indication of board status without having to open the enclosure.

Also Dan, I think it would be good idea if there was a output on the LOR board for connecting an external LED (this has probably been mentioned before but just thought I would bring it up again).

Bill

If your leds are rated for 110V you can extend the leads a little longer and bring them out the box where your lampcords feed your controller We do this with our extension cords in the winter for our vehicles so that you can see if your vehicle is still plugged in and power is on your block heater

If they were rated for 120v you could just bind them down to the terminals coming in from your house for power... That is if you were looking to just make sure the boxes were receiving power from your house.....