Light-O-Rama Forums

Annoying blink

Calhoun lights

Hope everyone’s display is working as you intended. My sequence is about 15 minutes long, so I have loop at the end checked. When the loop occur’s the annoying blink happens. Any way to eliminate the blink other that extending the total time to be greater the the scheduled show time. 

2 minutes ago, Calhoun lights said:

Hope everyone’s display is working as you intended. My sequence is about 15 minutes long, so I have loop at the end checked. When the loop occur’s the annoying blink happens. Any way to eliminate the blink other that extending the total time to be greater the the scheduled show time. 

Check your sequence, it sounds like you have a light on command at the end of your sequence that causes this.  Do all lights blink or just one?

When I create my sequences, I make sure that at least one to two cells at the end of the sequence have NO LIGHTING commands in them.  if you have that and still get a blink, there is still a stray lights on command somewhere at the end of the sequence causing this,  You need to find the culprit{s} and eliminate them out of the sequence.  

Sometimes this can just be a small intensity that is easily missed, like when you fade down the lights, and then you might change it to a shorter fade down, but what happens is the extra fade down on command is still in the sequence, anytime I change a fade down like that, I also use the lights off command and find the end of the new fade down, then turn off those small fades that could possibly cause a blink to happen.

Just check all the light commands near the end of the sequence and you may find the problem causing this occurrence.

Good Luck!

is the blink all the lights going off after the sequence then all the lights turning on at the start of the new one? or like Orville suggested just a few random ones?

Thanks for the input,  all lights blink, I’m  thinking it because of all lights Turing off and right back on because of the loop at end command. I could extend the total sequence time to be greater than the time I want the program to run, then copy the sequence, then multiple paste all the way to the end of the sequence. But that slows the computer down when you save or do an open command. Hope this makes sense.

thanks again, Bob

6 hours ago, Calhoun lights said:

Thanks for the input,  all lights blink, I’m  thinking it because of all lights Turing off and right back on because of the loop at end command. I could extend the total sequence time to be greater than the time I want the program to run, then copy the sequence, then multiple paste all the way to the end of the sequence. But that slows the computer down when you save or do an open command. Hope this makes sense.

thanks again, Bob

If it's the loop back causing the blink, yes, extend the sequence, but also extend the loop so that it covers the extra empty off cells you'll need to add in to extend the off time by 2 to 5 seconds so the lights don't go off, then come back immediately.   But even with an animation loop, the light shouldn't really have a "blink" to them, they'd turn off, then turn right back on and start the loop over.  

Only reasons I can fathom you'd have a "blink" is the lights go off at end of loop, then when they immediately come back on, you have a section at the beginning of the sequence with lights on for a very short duration, then off cells, then back on again.  That would cause a blink, or like stated, having stray lighting commands at the end of the loop, at the end of the sequence could cause a "blink" to occur.   This could also happen if both the start and end parts of the sequence has any stray lights on commands in the sequence.  Believe me, those small intensity commands, such as with fades or intensity in a cell can be very difficult to find, spot and remove.

I've had my share of these very issues, so I know from experience on stray on commands that can barely be visible to the you, but the sequence sees them and will turn on a light{s}.

• The topic was locked