Light-O-Rama Forums

5.3.12 You are killing my show....

xtremeone

I'm loading all sequences into memory before it starts and that helped it but there's still a serious lag between sequences. My computer is a seriously fast machine, dual Xeon's, 72Gb of ram. There should be zero lag. LOR knows about this problem but I'll venture a guess that to fix it, they will have to make serious changes and its simply too late in the season now to do so.

My sequences are 30+ meg and I have 0 lag. I’m even running a cheapo $100 intel atom pc to run my show off, something LOR doesn’t even recommend. I run no LOR controllers so there is no USB used since my controllers are all run via ethernet.

There has to be something else causing your lag or it’s a USB issue?

17 minutes ago, Sully said:

My sequences are 30+ meg and I have 0 lag. I’m even running a cheapo $100 intel atom pc to run my show off, something LOR doesn’t even recommend. I run no LOR controllers so there is no USB used since my controllers are all run via ethernet.

There has to be something else causing your lag or it’s a USB issue?

Of course Ethernet is so much faster then the serial connection required for  LOR boxes

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

Of course Ethernet is so much faster then the serial connection required for  LOR boxes

But the most common USB is still orders of magnitude faster than LOR RS-485  networks.  As you can see below, even USB 1.0 is faster than the fastest LOR networking.

• USB 1.0: 1.5 Megabits per second (Mbps)
  • USB 1.1: 12 Megabits per second (Mbps)
  • USB 2.0: 480 Megabits per second (Mbps)
  • USB 3.0: 5 Gigabits per second (Gbps)
  • USB 3.1: 10 Gigabits per second (Gbps)

I am running 5000+ rgb bulbs on 3 LOR enhanced 500K networks and a legacy 56k network all through a single USB port via a hub. 10 plus musical sequences and a background sequence. I don’t see any delays loading or running. 

el cheap pc on windows 10.

just another data point 

I was having a problem with a new pixel4 that I had added this year.  I went and upgraded the firmware to the latest one and also upgraded the software to the latest 5.3.12

I edited my show to use the latest .loredit files.  I started the show and went outside to see if it fixed my problems.  All the problems I was having went away. I did not see any lag between songs.  I am  using a computer with a SSD drive.  Could this be why I am not having a problem?