Light-O-Rama Forums

5.3.12 You are killing my show....

xtremeone

I upgraded to 5.3.12 and it takes anywhere from 30 secs to a minute and a half to load the compressed sequence in the show. I have pro license and have been using LOR FOREVER! Has ANYONE  figured out a way to have the sequences play immediately after the last sequence ends??? It starts the compressed sequence immediately after the last one ends...BUT... it takes forever to actually play the file.I have tried the schedule editor and as well as show on demand ...etc.. with no luck!!! Cars are leaving after one song. This is seriously depressing. FOR THE LOVE OF CHRISTMAS PLEASE HELP!!

Roll back to 5.2 .4 and manually create the playback files then use that for the show player. Some motion effects wont work. If the loredit file wont open in 5.2.4 you're out of luck.

• Like 1

Phil...thanks for the suggestion! I am gonna roll back the show computer to 5.2.4 and try to create the show files on there. I am a software developer so I understand the issues with bugs and all....BUT... it is tooooo  late in the season for this! I pay for the latest pro license to keep updated...not pull my hair out!! LOR is a GREAT company with amazing support for the hardware, but, this playback file stuff is not for public release in opinion. Thanks!

roll back to 5.2.24 and during the day run the show thru once.  after that dont shut ur computer down and run the show. this is how i got around the lag issue and i tefuse to upgrade. 5.2.24 works fine for me. good luck

No need to run the show through in 5.2.4.

Just open each sequence loredit, and do file/ create playback files. The play.lms will be created in your sequence folder, use those for the show.

Plays perfect, just like they used to.

Leave the lorinternal files be, or delete them if you want. They are not needed.

Oh, yes, a play.lms, a play.pe.lid and a play.lcs. All created in a sub folder several levels deep  in \lorinternal.It's the .lcs file that takes a long time to load, but it takes many minutes per sequence to  create them all on the first pass.

That is why a show on demand is recommended for show file creation. Mine took two and a half hours.

Xtremeone, unfortunately you are not the first, and wont be the last to see this problem.

When someone figures out a solution other than reverting back to a previous version of LOR, I would sure like to see it.

I too am having this "Lag" that we speak of, and also have people leaving with up to a 30 second delay between a few songs....I feel your pain and frustration.

Multiple questions have been asked for months now with no reply and multiple help tickets have gone un- answered as well.

I was really hoping that the latest release 5.3.12 would have a solution, but guess what....nope!!!!

Well, I hope someone... one day.... somewhere.... will find the fix, and we can get back to enjoying LOR as it was intended.

Good Luck

Edited by Daroyaci
  • Like 2

Disappointing is all I can say, when we can't even run a show with out major load times between songs.   If you need to make the tiniest adjustment even in network settings its back to loading all over again.   This shouldn't be such a hard problem to figure out for a programmer or at least acknowledge that they need help.

LOR states "5.3.12 Contains critical bug fixes and should be installed immediately if you are using any previous 5.3.x release"

I am currently running 5.3.10 and I a not having any issues.  I don't normally go against their advice; however, it sounds like even though they say it should be installed immediately I'd better just leave well enough alone.

The slow loading started with 5.3.0 for those of us affected. 

If you are not having trouble with delays and not needing any of the bug fixes in 12, I would stay where you are.

18 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

The slow loading started with 5.3.0 for those of us affected. 

If you are not having trouble with delays and not needing any of the bug fixes in 12, I would stay where you are.

it started before 5.3.0 - I had major issues last year!  I have never upgraded to 5.3 since I know how to manipulate 5.2.4 to work perfectly!

I run 5.2.4 on my show PC I've been slowly converting my sequences with 5.3.10, which sadly meant redoing them. Anyhow, I run every 5.3.10(11 sequences) without issue on my 5.2.4 machine. I have 0 lag on any sequences. Also you don't need to roll back versions to create the sequence files.

How to create Playback files with 5.3.x

1. Start control panel

2. Double click the light bulb to open the log window.

3. Right click the light bulb and open show editor

4. click musical and then add your sequences

5. click the options tab then be sure to tick Sequences are loaded before any are played.

6. save that show as something you'll remember easily.

7. close show editor 

8. right click the light bulb and open Show on demand

9. select your show you created in step 6.

10. click OK and you'll see in the log window it'll begin creating playback files. Once you hear the first song start it's finished and you can end that show playback

11. Your newly created files will be in \Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L

Edited by Sully

Interesting post. that's one combination I never tried. Mostly because I sequence on my show machine. Not sure what it would do to MIP either.

Edited by PhilMassey

I recently went back to 5.2.4 on my Sequencing machine but found that that version has issues with animated gifs. (blocking, stutters, etc.) It makes sequencing difficult for timings and looks like crap during playback.

I just went back to 5.3.12 in the hopes that the Show player issues were fixed. Sully's comment is interesting and worth a try. My show pc has always been an earlier version, since it only plays the show, no sequencing. I will not be able to test this until spring.

Alan..

50 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Not sure what it would do to MIP either.

I've never heard anything back on renaming files so they would work with MIpp. I don't use it, but it seems like this would work. Bulk Renaming Utility.

Alan...

Miip is version aware, and now can strip the bogus extensions. I think creating the show files in one version and playing them in another would make Bob's head explode.

There is something going on here which is worth investigating, but at risk of borking my show, at this stage, as you say, a project for the dark days of January.

I don’t believe the show player cares what version the files are created with. I know when I ran 5.0 beta I played all those sequences on a version 4 player also. Which btw plays 5.3.12 sequences perfectly. Now I can’t say if superstar stuff works because I don’t use it but se and pe are no problem.

Never did any sequencing in 5.3x. Stayed on 5.2.4 and show is running perfect. I didnt change because of MIIP. Cant believe the lag problem isnt fixed by now, that makes no sense. If the files are already created where would the lag come from. I did notice with my limited time with 5.3x that some of my files got huge. The people who have lag how big are the shows?