Light-O-Rama Forums

scheduler

sysco

If you are playing this on a computer, what does the status panel show?  It generally will tell you why it's not working.

14 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

If you are playing this on a computer, what does the status panel show?  It generally will tell you why it's not working.

Yes playing it on a computer  would you be referring to  verifier ? as the status panel  thank you 

3 minutes ago, sysco said:

Yes playing it on a computer  would you be referring to  verifier ? as the status panel  thank you 

No.  Left click on the LOR light bulb in the system tray and it brings up the status display (this screen capture happened to be during a Show on Demand):

S5.1.2_Status_display-demand.png

13 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

No.  Left click on the LOR light bulb in the system tray and it brings up the status display (this screen capture happened to be during a Show on Demand):

S5.1.2_Status_display-demand.png

yes got that screen  it is saying  no audio file loaded  for the last four songs  QUESTION  can i reload those songs while it is playing or do i have to shut down  thank you Blair 

4 minutes ago, sysco said:

yes got that screen  it is saying  no audio file loaded  for the last four songs  QUESTION  can i reload those songs while it is playing or do i have to shut down  thank you Blair 

See, it told you what the problem is...  Very useful thing!

Since you are using S4, open the sequence in SE and make sure that the audio file is correct.  My educated guess is that you sequenced it on one computer and are playing on another.  When copied the files, you missed the audio file for those songs.  Use Windows Explorer to verify that the audio files are there, and copy them to the show computer.  You can make that change while the show is playing.  If you fixed it, the sequence will play correctly next time it comes around.

10 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Since you are using S4, open the sequence in SE and make sure that the audio file is correct.  My educated guess is that you sequenced it on one computer and are playing on another.  When copied the files, you missed the audio file for those songs.  Use Windows Explorer to verify that the audio files are there, and copy them to the show computer.  You can make that change while the show is playing.  If you fixed it, the sequence will play correctly next time it comes around.

that's  it right on the money    i copied  it from my old computer to the new one   thank you very much for sharing your knowledge  it's good to know you are willing give of your free time to help others  it's people like you  that keep this forum going   Blair 

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Last line is not always true. 

That works if you use "Sequences are loaded when they are needed", but if you use the option "Sequences are loaded before any are played", the new, modified sequence WILL NOT play.  If you use that second option, unfortunately, you do have to Disable the show and restart the show to make the changes take effect.

I know because I use the 2nd option, and during my testing, I had a sequence that somehow, I ended up renaming the audio file, but forgot to update the sequence, when{before} the show ran, and since I forgot to update the sequence, the status window said the audio file was missing, so that sequence did not play.  I edited the sequence to the renamed audio file, but because of the option I had used, again, "Sequences are loaded before any are played", the modified sequence, again, DID NOT play, using the 2nd option, there is no way to make the sequence work unless you disable the show and restart it to get the changes to take effect in any sequence{s} you may need to change or update during a show using this option.

The reason I use the 2nd option, it seems when I use the "Sequences are loaded when they are needed" on my older computer, they take a bit longer to load, and I have gaps with lights out and no music for too long a duration before the next one loads and starts.  With the 2nd option, all are loaded and I don't have gaps of darkness and silence between sequences.

But each person has their own way of doing things, but I wanted to bring this up, just in case someone uses the same method I do, because changing a sequence during a show WILL require you to shut down the show to LOAD the NEWLY, UPDATED Sequence using "Sequences are all loaded before any are played".

Edited by Orville

Orville  i tried it with the  sequence running  it did not work it showed me what was wrong thought   just finished  putting the media file to the sequence  played it back and  it has a slight  freezing and  then it will jump quickly to the next cells to catch up  doing this on the four sequences  and ideas  how to fix this  thank  you

It sounds like you were playing it in SE, since your are talking about cells. Sequence Editor often stutters or momentarily freezes. It has a lot of data to process in real time. The Show player is usually much more responsive,

3 hours ago, sysco said:

Orville  i tried it with the  sequence running  it did not work it showed me what was wrong thought   just finished  putting the media file to the sequence  played it back and  it has a slight  freezing and  then it will jump quickly to the next cells to catch up  doing this on the four sequences  and ideas  how to fix this  thank  you

Like Phil stated, if playing the sequence in the SE, this seems to be a "common occurrence", in the Show Player I have never had issues with sequences losing timing or freezing up.  Runs smooth as silk when running an actual show.  

If it does this in a show, then the issue is within the actual sequence, not the show itself, and the sequence would need to be checked for parts that may have gotten omitted or extra stray light commands that could cause something like this during show playback.

I've had issues where I missed just the smallest little blip that'd turn something on for a very short time.  Had to scroll very slowly back through the sequence to find the issue at hand, but once fixed, no more issues with lights not being on or lights being on when they weren't supposed to be.

Even the Verifier can show something as wrong that could have been done on purpose.  When I run the verifier, it shows I have a "Channel Conflict" and it gives me the files that are in conflict, which is my Shut Down and Background sequence, Shut Down has all channels from every controller I have in it, ALL OFF, no lighting commands, this is so once my show ends, it turns off ALL lights on ALL Controllers. 

But the verifier says it is in conflict with "sequences in my show", but in reality, the Shut down Sequence DOES NOT RUN during the show, only once everything has played until the Scheduler hits the END TIME of my show, then it runs the Shut Down Sequence at that time.

My conflicts were mainly my Background Sequence and the Shut Down Sequence showing Controller 06, Channels 14 & 15, Controller 07, Channel 8 having a conflict with the same channels in them.  The Background Sequence controls my handicap walkway lights, snowman L.E.D. Tune To spotlight and Snowfall lights that run constantly during my show to keep those lights on, the Shut Down Sequence has those channels added so that it turns them off after the Show.  But the Verifier thinks this is a conflict, but in reality, there is no conflict at all.

Since a Shut Down Sequence NEVER runs until the END TIME is met, so there really IS NOT, and WAS NO conflict.  

So you have to be very watchful, and careful, that you don't change the Shut Down Sequence, by not removing any conflicting channels in that sequence.  Because those channels NEED to be there to do what is supposed to happen during the Shut Down of the show, turn all lights off.

So always make sure that each sequence is set how YOU know it is supposed to be to do the job at hand, as sometimes a conflict error in the Verifier, is really not a conflict at all. 

Just make sure that any sequences RUNNING during a show together, such as Background and Musical/Animation sequences ARE NOT in conflict, and everything will run smoothly.

p.s. I don't understand why the Verifier even compares a Shut Down Sequence to ANYTHING in a RUNNING SHOW.  Seems Shut Down Sequences could have just been ignored when Verifier Background, Animation or Musical Sequences.   Even Start Up Sequences get compared, why?  They only RUN ONCE during initial Start Up and are NEVER used again after that. Just as the Shut Down only RUNS ONCE at the END of the show.  So why compare the Startup and Shut Down Sequences to those in the actual show tab areas in the Verifier?  Seems this part of the code could be eliminated, as I can see no real rhyme or reason for it to even compare these two SPECIFICALLY TIMED {Start Show/End Show} sequence files.

Edited by Orville