Light-O-Rama Forums

Second string not working

bbig

I've submitted a ticket but thought I would put this question out to the forum.

I am outlining the house with LOR 50 square pixel strings.  In two spots I needed to daisey chain another string of 50 pixels.  I added the channels to the sequences and made sure they were configured correctly regarding the network and unit IDs.  Everything looks good but the second string in the daisey chain wont work in both cases.  The first string in the daisey chain works fine.  Is there something else I need to do to get the software to recognize the additional pixels?  I did make sure that the were programmed the same as the first string so they would light up at the same time.  Any ideas?

Edited by bbig

That is correct.  I even rebuilt the channel config from scratch using the 100 pixel setting to make sure the channels were assigned correctly.

Basically, none of the second string on daisey chained pixels will work in either the HU or a sequence.  I lit the entire house and only the daisey chained pixels aren't working.  I did check for the 5th time that the channels are correct and everything looks fine.   

3 hours ago, bbig said:

The same is happening on both of the pixie8s I have.

That almost guarantees it's a software config issue and not a hardware failure.  Not sure what it is...

With the pixie8, the default is 50 light strings.   If you want to use some as 100, you will need to reconfigure it in the HU to 100 light strings.   Then adjust your other channels accordingly as if you were using 100 in each line. After you save it, it should work as expected. 

These came with a pre-installed connector.  I tried several other strings just in case it was the connector.  This is really strange and makes the show look like crap so I shut it down.  There is a lot of money sitting dark out there.  

see note above, I had to do the same thing, and I know others ran into the same thing and its a "quick" fix from the hardware point of view.   not where i can get to the setting at the moment but see this thread

6 hours ago, bbig said:

That is correct.  I even rebuilt the channel config from scratch using the 100 pixel setting to make sure the channels were assigned correctly.

Build the controller in to the sequence the correct way.

In he current sequence the easiest method.

Right click on the channel/ unit where you would like to add the controller.

Insert Device (above/ below)

Follow the screen to add. At the area # pixe;s per port select 100/

** Note- if you need anything over 100 - you must set the pixie device up as a pixcon16 (use the same starting unit ID).

Once you add the pixie correctly copy/ paste the sequence from the other and delete the old. 

That is the proper way to build the pixie and have it work every time. Manually building it normally fails.

JR

1 hour ago, bbig said:

That was it!!  Just changed the controller to 100 pixels and everything started to work.  Thanks for the help!!

Glad to be able to help/

Happy Holidays

JR

• The topic was locked