Light-O-Rama Forums

C 7 led bulb and CTB-16D

Wayne K

Can anyone tell me on a LOR CTB-16D controller, will 1 channel control 1 C7 led bulb? I have several blow molds that use a C7 bulb in them and each one has it's own lor channel. I want to switch to led bulbs, but without ordering any, I don't have a way of knowing if they will work ok on this controller. The ones I am looking at say: Power Use: 0.58 Watts  Can anyone confirm with this low of power use that they will work ok?

Thanks

Wayne

Edited by Wayne K

Not answering your Q directly 😕

WHY, for 1 @ 4W bulb per channel, risk the aggravation ?  If this was a string of 25, ABSOLUTELY (although you might need 1 a hidden one as a snubber because of the older model controller)

5 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Not answering your Q directly 😕

WHY, for 1 @ 4W bulb per channel, risk the aggravation ?  If this was a string of 25, ABSOLUTELY (although you might need 1 a hidden one as a snubber because of the older model controller)

Since I changed 2 C7 bulbs out this afternoon, I wondered if they would work. I would get longer bulb life and maybe a little brighter. I thought it was doubtful but thought I would ask.

2 minutes ago, Wayne K said:

Since I changed 2 C7 bulbs out this afternoon, I wondered if they would work. I would get longer bulb life and maybe a little brighter. I thought it was doubtful but thought I would ask.

Valid.

Bulb life (burn out) has never been my problem. Brighter is a cr*p shoot by brand.

And since the show is ON,  I sure won't  mess with what works at this time.