Light-O-Rama Forums

Desperate for sequences computer crashed

LO trama

Well I lost my sequences (16 songs) about 3-4 years worth of sequencing work. Ive been running LOR shows since 2015. Ive always been a saving fanatic so I am beside myself as to what has happened.  LOR tech support is trying to help me save my songs but so far its been about 12 days and still no luck.  Its a problem even LOR is stumped over.  I try to save work and it comes up error saving file. Then ask if I would like to save under a new file name and again it says file error unable to save file. So then I try to move and save the file or even parts of it and says same thing again.  So to make a long story short. Im here asking if anyone has any sequences they would be willing to send me to save the rest of the few days left of this season.  Any help with a sequence would be greatly appreciated. Feeling bummed to say the least.

I run  S4 with 4.4.4, advanced license, lights are LED string lights, 6 control boxes CTB16PCg3 total channels 96.  Email to...  wyoutback@yahoo.com

Edited by LO trama

35 minutes ago, LO trama said:

Well I lost my sequences (16 songs) about 3-4 years worth of sequencing work. Ive been running LOR shows since 2015. Ive always been a saving fanatic so I am beside myself as to what has happened.  LOR tech support is trying to help me save my songs but so far its been about 12 days and still no luck.  Its a problem even LOR is stumped over.  I try to save work and it comes up error saving file. Then ask if I would like to save under a new file name and again it says file error unable to save file. So then I try to move and save the file or even parts of it and says same thing again.  So to make a long story short. Im here asking if anyone has any sequences they would be willing to send me to save the rest of the few days left of this season.  Any help with a sequence would be greatly appreciated. Feeling bummed to say the least.

I run  S4 with 4.4.4, advanced license, lights are LED string lights, 6 control boxes CTB16PCg3

Sorry rhino that wasn't very good on my part.  I add email in post

If I could I would Bob.  Could you suggest how I can send it.  Im open for any other advice on this problem.  Thank you

You can upload to dropbox or some other host and send me the link.   or you can zip it and send me the zipped file via email. 

1 hour ago, LO trama said:

I run  S4 with 4.4.4, advanced license, lights are LED string lights, 6 control boxes CTB16PCg3 total channels 96.  Email to...  wyoutback@yahoo.com

If you can PM me, I may have a few sequences I can adapt to your display before I got into RGB {I keep all my older sequences}, but I'd need your CHANNEL CONFIG file so I could try and copy and paste from my sequences to ones I'd create with YOUR channel config, this is so I could try and adapt the lights I used to your set up, if possible.  I can discuss this with you further in a PM message.  Will help out if I can.

Edited by Orville

Are you saying you this happens with all file saves?   I thought you were talking about within SE.   If you cant save any file at all that is a different thing.  Maybe try saving to a usb stick. 

All LOR sequences. I can save and work other files on my laptop. Only having trouble in LOR.  I can open and edit a sequence then when I try to save I get error pop ups. Ive follow tech guys and uninstalled wiped numerous times to no avail. LOR Tech has exhausted their help online. So we setup a remote access session next week.

7 minutes ago, LO trama said:

All LOR sequences. I can save and work other files on my laptop. Only having trouble in LOR.  I can open and edit a sequence then when I try to save I get error pop ups. Ive follow tech guys and uninstalled wiped numerous times to no avail. LOR Tech has exhausted their help online. So we setup a remote access session next week.

Just a thought, do you have a firewall on?  I just remembered I had this issue once and I had to go in to my firewall settings and make an EXCEPTION for the LOR Software, I had to do an exception for each program in the suite.  

Once I did that, I no longer had issues saving my sequences from the SE.  Might be something to look into if the LOR folks haven't already tried this one with you.

Edited by Orville

yeah but we turned the whole thing off by actually going into defender and malware and turned off everything one by one manually in both.

2 minutes ago, LO trama said:

yeah but we turned the whole thing off by actually going into defender and malware and turned off everything one by one manually in both.

Wow, this is definitely a strange one.  I have no idea what it could due to you've tried that and a lot of other things and nothing has worked.  That is very, very odd indeed.

Would creating a new Windows User account help.

At this point if it were my machine, I would back everything up, and do a clean re install of Windows.

On 12/8/2019 at 4:21 PM, LO trama said:

I went and bought a new laptop. Im gave up on the other computer.

Do you know what the exact error is.

I can make sequence editor give me the error (error saving file Invalid procedure call) at will.

This error is so very easy to prevent on my computer.

• The topic was locked