Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Not recognizing one Universe (Row) in a Matrix

Seattlemusicguy48

I have added two 100 by 12 node matrices to my display this year.  I'm running LOR 4.4.4 Pro on a Windows 10 laptop.  I'm using San Devices E6804 controllers.

I have set up each row of my matrices to be connected to one universe.  Specifically my North matrix is assigned Universes 13 through 24 for rows 1 through 12.  However LOR doesn't seem to 'see' Universe 24.  The SanDevices utility can turn Universe 24 on and off but the LOR Hardware Utility doesn't.  It does turn all the other Universes on just fine and the sequences run fine on Universes 13 through 23, but no action on Universe 24.  

Everything works fine on my visualizer and my second Matrix also works fine on all 12 Universes (rows).  I have checked and double checked my network configuration and Universe 24 looks just like all the others.  Specifically In the Network Utility it shows for UNV24: Atapter/IP Address - 239.255.0.24; and for Protocol - E1.31 (Multi) 5568.  This line is identical with all the others except for the last number in the IP Address which matches the universe.  I have tried using Unicast but nothing works for any of the universes.

Thoughts?

Can you post a screenshot of the Network Preferences? This line here, "This line is identical with all the others except for the last number in the IP Address which matches the universe" is throwing me off as the IP is for the entire controller and not the universe.

I have run multiple SanDevices controllers (both E682 and E6804) for years so I should be able to help.  There are a couple things that don't make sense with your description.  First, confirm that you are running a E6804 or is it E682?  Is each 100 pixel string connected to an output. What is physically connected to what?  What firmware version are your SanDevices controllers?  Second, I would highly recommend that you learn enough networking to use Unicast rather than multicast.

LOR does not "see" a universe, it only sends data to it.  It has no way of knowing if there is actually a controller out there listening.  Right now, I have 74 universes that LOR is sending data to, but there is no controller hooked up listening.

When you look at the user interface on the SanDevices controller, does it show packets counting on universe 24?

If needed, I can get on the phone with you.

Solution Found!

I was able to borrow another controller and things are now working just fine.  I'll contact the manufacturer of the controller to see if they have any ideas why the lights work using the utility program in the firmware while LOR does not see it.

Also per request, I've attached a screen shot of my LOR configuration file.

Thanks to all who lent assistance.  This is an amazing community.

Ken

WestSeattleYuleTide

Network Configuration.jpg

Why are you using a different ip for every universe? You're making things hard on yourself doing that. Each controller should have it's own IP assigned and those universes assigned to it's IP

1 hour ago, Sully said:

Why are you using a different ip for every universe? You're making things hard on yourself doing that. Each controller should have it's own IP assigned and those universes assigned to it's IP

He's using Multi-cast so it's not really the way it shows.  Goes everywhere within the broadcast domain.

Here is an example of my Network Config for my matrix setup for reference. I leave the last four ports for future use.

NP.JPG

Edited by Mr. P

• 2 years later...