Light-O-Rama Forums

What does it mean when all lights start as white?

scubanimal

I have a pixie4, when power is applied all the lights come on as white and stay that way.   Right now I've not been able to get the h/W utility to talk to it, finds it but does not respond to off, or color changes,

I remember reading somewhere, but can't find it again, what when power is applied and the lights come on as white (pixels) it means something.  Manual though does not seem to have the answer. 

Thank you,

Ian

Thank you Mr. P, but the control panel is on, and the other lights are working, this one pixie 4 which worked fine before mounting it on the mast, now only shows white.  I can find it when I use the hardware utility, but it does not respond to commands from either the HW util or the show.  

good idea, but.... 

Its got to be something simple, my other Pixies are working fine (pixcon16 not, but I'm swapping that out right now). 

Update;  I replaced the pixcon16, with  a pixie16 , which is downstream of the troublesome Pixie4.  The pixie16 is working just just fine,  so I'm fairly sure the network is working.  Still seeing the Pixie4 on the HW utility but unable to control it.

Figured it out ....

The reason the lights were coming on "all white" was because I had those pixels defined the same as my others (slow).  So Changed them to "Fast" and that solved the all white problem.    

I had forgotten to change that on my show computer.      

• The topic was locked