Light-O-Rama Forums

Background Sequence

bob_moody

Wow... it has been a long time since I have been to the forum ... Greetings to ALL !!! 

We added a suspended wreath to the display this year. It is not part of the animation or musical sequences however I would like to simply turn it on at the beginning of the show and leave it on until the end of the show. 

Would a simple 1 LOR channel sequence 1 minute of ON long placed in the BACKGROUND section of the Show editor do the trick? 

What I really didn't want is it to turn off and then back on with each restart in the background. 

Like I said .. it's been awhile ... 

Thanks for looking .. and the help 

Bob Moody 

Edited by bob_moody

That's the general idea.  A couple things to remember.  First is make sure that channel is NOT in any of your other sequences - and I don't mean, not used, I mean not present.  Second, there seems to be issues with a channel that is 100% absolutely all the time.  Set the first (or first couple) grids in the sequence at 99% and then the rest at 100%.  You will never see 99 vs 100% on the lights, but it will cause the show player to send a lighting command periodically.

And welcome back!

Thanks Jim !!! 

I would have bet a box of lights that you would be the one to answer first .. LOL .. 

We missed last year because of the weather... 70+ inches of rain from Sept to March !! .. YIKES ...

So we are back ... Seems after setting up for 2 years .. almost EVERYTHING needed to be rebuilt, reworked or repaired .. 😞 ..

Thanks again for the tip .. I'll make the update .. 

Bob 

My sign runs in the BG. It goes off for a fraction of a second between sequences. Doesn't bother me, in fact it makes a good marker when I'm editing video.

Mine don't blink between sequences either - and  am using MIIP.  I have no delay set between song if that's a factor.

• The topic was locked