Light-O-Rama Forums

SOR 2 Upgrade Error

Mclaptop

I have tried to upgrade my LOR 1.6.9 to the new LOR2 2.0.16. During the upgrade which was moving extremely smoothly, I ran across an error message:

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component

{303994BA-6487-47AE-AF1D-7AF6088EEBDB}.
HRESULT: 0x80070002

I tried the "LORRegistryWip.exe", but ran into the same error message.

I am trying to use the Holiday Lights Designer 4 (trial) to preview my shows, before I purchase the software.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Warren

This seems to be a problem installing Microsoft's "MSXML" library, which is required for LOR to operate properly.

What operating system are you using?

I would suggest trying the following:

(1) Close any LOR programs that you may have running (including the LOR Control Panel, in your system tray).

(2) Uninstall LOR.

(3) Manually installing MSXML version 4.0 SP2 (I'll tell you where to get it from in a moment).

(4) Install LOR 1.

(5) Run the Sequence Editor once, and tell it where your LOR files can be found.

(6) Close the Sequence Editor.

(7) Install LOR 2.

If you still get the same problem (whether during step (7) or possibly step (3)), uninstall LOR again, and then go to Add/Remove Programs and look for any "MSXML" entries. Uninstall them all. Then try again.

If you are running Windows XP or an earlier operating system (i.e. not Vista), you can get MSXML version 4.0 SP2 from:

If you're running Vista, I'm not quite sure where to get it from, but I'll try to find it if you ask.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions on how to do any of this, or if you run into any other problems.