Light-O-Rama Forums

XLIGHTS to LOR Sequence Copy and Paste POSSIBLE???

HADESWRAITH

OK, so I am now running dual networks in my show.  LOR...and now DMX.  I have had LOR last 2 years and the closest to "DMX" I have been is my Pixie 16's (love them)...  But This year I added a 24x50 Matrix and a DMX pixel strip house outline to the show.  I have found doing the sequencing for the house to be the most challenging.  As "copying and pasting" from other sequences just isn't possible..... Which brings me to my question......   My family members are HUGE Ohio State Fans.  HUGE.   We live in Arkansas and my Razorback community just LOVES us..... Especially with the buckeyes being in the Big 10 Championship this weekend... Anyway, I saw a sequence on Facebook by Shawnee Lake Lights:

that was an Ohio State Buckeyes theme...(if you are fans I highly recommend, it is free)...  I reached out and found out the files are free to download, the only problem is they are .xls Xlights format...  Also, the parts that I am most interested in are the mega tree and matrix parts of the sequence.  Their megatree appears to be a 360 degree tree whereas mine is a 180 (16x50)...  I would be fine with the megatree and matrix mirroring each other...After lots of videos (thanks david) i figured out how to convert the Xlights files into .lms LOR files....at least i think I did.  Here is the thing.  When i open the files in LOR, i see all of the props from the original sequence....  and everything looks right....  Then when i open my "Controller list" and copy and paste from the existing file into my LOR sequence everything "looks" right... But when i play it, it is a mess...  I tell you what.  I can tell what I am typing isn't making much sense....  So how about this.  Is there anyone out there who, if i sent you the sequence files, could you convert them so that i can run them in S5 on a 16x50 mega Tree and a 24x50 Matrix??...anyone...anyone...  ???  This is possible yes?

Michelle-OSU-FINAL.xml

This is what it looks like in S5.....  But it doesn't play like this on the Mega Tree.......   If it quacks like a duck????78586182_799696680475731_2606496900391632896_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=tb1c42LfQqEAQnyb1hVmYB0Ge8nAHN21XteIjcIZb83tMCvmIOrJk3soQ&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=d55772c9da113b8fa80feebe84c45a05&oe=5E72E918

Must be a ichigan fan...  Hahaha.  Hey Mr. P.   Do you have S4?  I bet I can play an S4 file in S5.....(a lot easier than an Xlights file)....  My brain just cant grasp why its not working, or how to read these sequences with pixels.  120v is Soooooo much easier........on.......off........  I just don't get how it can look perfect in the sequencer, but not translate into what pops up on the tree and matrix.  (tree is a Pixie 16 simple 16x50).. Matrix is a Alphapix =12 channels (2-50 nodes per channel (total of 100 nodes per channel) for a total of 24 horizontal lines)

10 minutes ago, HADESWRAITH said:

Must be a ichigan fan...  Hahaha.  Hey Mr. P.   Do you have S4?  I bet I can play an S4 file in S5.....(a lot easier than an Xlights file)....  My brain just cant grasp why its not working, or how to read these sequences with pixels.  120v is Soooooo much easier........on.......off........  I just don't get how it can look perfect in the sequencer, but not translate into what pops up on the tree and matrix.  (tree is a Pixie 16 simple 16x50).. Matrix is a Alphapix =12 channels (2-50 nodes per channel (total of 100 nodes per channel) for a total of 24 horizontal lines)

Sending you a pm.

• This topic was locked, unlocked and locked