Light-O-Rama Forums

A quick thank you

LOR Staff

I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who has contacted us on the help desk so far this season.  

We have been swamped with tickets and calls for the last 2 weeks and are working extra hard to get you up and running.  While there are always jerks, I can say that this year I have run into fewer even with the increase in help requests.

To all of you who are understanding and are taking the extra time to pass along good wishes we thank you.  

Just to give you an idea, I would estimate we have seen an 40% increase in users and help desk requests this year.  Last year, the highest number of tickets we closed in a single day was around 120.  This year it was 189, and season is not done yet.  We expect another huge rush this weekend.

With each ticket taking approximately 3 replies to complete, that means we are doing close to 600 tickets/day.

We are also in the process of trying to get a bug fix release out and have had several major setbacks doing that.  I personally have been putting in 10-12 hour days - 6-7 hours doing nothing but customer support, and then 5-6 hours of 'regular' (for me) work.

So once again from all of us, thanks to all of you who have been understanding.  

10 minutes ago, DevMike said:

I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who has contacted us on the help desk so far this season.  

We have been swamped with tickets and calls for the last 2 weeks and are working extra hard to get you up and running.  While there are always jerks, I can say that this year I have run into fewer even with the increase in help requests.

To all of you who are understanding and are taking the extra time to pass along good wishes we thank you.  

Just to give you an idea, I would estimate we have seen an 40% increase in users and help desk requests this year.  Last year, the highest number of tickets we closed in a single day was around 120.  This year it was 189, and season is not done yet.  We expect another huge rush this weekend.

With each ticket taking approximately 3 replies to complete, that means we are doing close to 600 tickets/day.

We are also in the process of trying to get a bug fix release out and have had several major setbacks doing that.  I personally have been putting in 10-12 hour days - 6-7 hours doing nothing but customer support, and then 5-6 hours of 'regular' (for me) work.

So once again from all of us, thanks to all of you who have been understanding.  

Thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent in 6 controllers and the turn around time was amazing.

How could anyone be upset? It is Christmas time. I plan ahead for failed componets. Those spring sales really help when it comes to having spares.

So for me, just having your team willing to fix the stuff I break affordably is a huge bonus.

Thanks to you and your team Mike. Thumbs up from me. 👍

Edited by MikeERWNC
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for being responsive and helping herd all of us to good results and shows (and sometimes solutions we overlook). 😄

• The topic was locked