Light-O-Rama Forums

too many lights?

bobby shea

HELLO EVERYONE ! My question is this I have designed my display with target lights (.2 amps per 100) My display will have 14000 lights on when everything is lit. I am running them off 2 20 amp gcfi breakers . Iam using 2 16 channel lor. I have planned and sequenced 4 color changes. this means Iam using 56000 lights. Do you forsee problems that I have not thought of ? thank you for any advice bobby shea

bobby shea wrote:

HELLO EVERYONE ! My question is this I have designed my display with target lights (.2 amps per 100) My display will have 14000 lights on when everything is lit. I am running them off 2 20 amp gcfi breakers . Iam using 2 16 channel lor. I have planned and sequenced 4 color changes. this means Iam using 56000 lights. Do you forsee problems that I have not thought of ? thank you for any advice bobby shea

If you had all 56000 lights on at one time you would need 112 amps. using the 80% rule on 15 amp circuits and needing two circuits per controller then you would need minimum of 12 circuits @ 15 amps. That's for 6 controllers only. Figure two 15 amp circuits per controller. Also calculate your load per channel and each 8 channel banks on the controllers.

Donald Puryear wrote:

It should work. I would use 4 20 amp circuits. Each color will use approx. 28 amps. During the transitions your current draw will exceed 30 amps. better safe then sorry.

Sorry, misread your information.

That should work as it is only 28 amps max on at one time.