Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16D Ground Wires

Guest guest

Where do I connect the ground wires for the pigtail output circuits on the CTB16D? I do not see anywhere annotated on the board. Are the ground wires from the output circuits simply combined and directly attached to the ground wire for the input power?

circus4u wrote:

Where do I connect the ground wires for the pigtail output circuits on the CTB16D? I do not see anywhere annotated on the board. Are the ground wires from the output circuits simply combined and directly attached to the ground wire for the input power?

If the box is metal then put all of the grounds to the box, if it is plastic then you can just cut then off. Christmas lights are not grounded, but if you are going to run somthing with a ground then get a grounding bar to connect all of them togeather.

--Daniel L

Daniel wrote:

circus4u wrote:

If the box is metal then put all of the grounds to the box, if it is plastic then you can just cut then off. Christmas lights are not grounded, but if you are going to run something with a ground then get a grounding bar to connect all of them together.

In addition, if you use grounded plugs coming out of your controller then you need to connect the grounds all together. It is unreasonable to have a grounded receptacle that isn't really grounded regardless of what you are going to plug into it.

Thanks to both Dans for the responses. I know most people use the LOR for light control, but my extension cords all have the grounded plugs. Also, I was planning to use one channel on a projector that does have the grounded plug, so was wondering if I had missed something in the instructions for wiring. I will install a grounding bar and attach the pigtail grounds to that and run that to a ground. Thanks again.