Light-O-Rama Forums

Some sequences not working

bbig

I have 5 sequences that were created the same way.  However, when all of them are added to the show, only 2 wil play.  They are all LMS files and I've reselected the media files for each, reloaded them to the show, and restarted the show and still, only two will play.  they are all named in a similar way.  Any ideas?

Are you playing on a computer or with a director?  If it's a computer, what is the LOR status display showing?

Its showing blue.  Two of the songs are playing fine.  It just skips over the others and plays the same two over and over again.  I've tried reimporting the channel configuation to match the ones that are working, re-linked the media file, created another show, changed the names of the files via save as.  Not sure what else to do.  I've been using LOR for 15 years and the only time I had issues with sequences playing is when the media file isn't attached.

36 minutes ago, bbig said:

Its showing blue.  Two of the songs are playing fine.  It just skips over the others and plays the same two over and over again.  I've tried reimporting the channel configuation to match the ones that are working, re-linked the media file, created another show, changed the names of the files via save as.  Not sure what else to do.  I've been using LOR for 15 years and the only time I had issues with sequences playing is when the media file isn't attached.

Did you happen to use the "save as" when saving the sequence?

As you noted the only time I have had it happen was in the very beginning transferring sequences from sequencing computer to show computer.

I have been told my terminology sucks (LOL) so I will just say now I open every sequenced transferred and play it. I always put the audio in the LOR Audio folder and the sequences in the sequence folder.

JR

1 hour ago, bbig said:

Its showing blue. 

Not the light bulb - click on it to bring up the status display.

Status_screen.jpg

OK, this is a boring display, but it will likely give the cause.

Not really.  I have use .mp3 files with a constant bit rate from 96kb/s up to 256kb/s.  A constant bit bate version is required during sequencing, but in theory that would not even be an issue when playing the show.

Are you by chance playing on a different computer than you use for sequencing?  If so, did you copy the media files over to the show computer?

that was it.  exported them out of audacity at 128Kbps and now all of them work.  I remember this was an issue for me a couple years ago but had forgotten.  Just in case someone else runs into this issue, here is the link to the instructions on how to convert the media files using Audacity. http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/Audacity_Lame_128KbpsRevA.pdf

• The topic was locked