Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Newbie Guide

daniel

Hello all! If anyone has the time, I would really appreciate it if someone took the time to do a quick read-through of the LOR Newbie guide on my site, accessable through..

http://christmasadventure.net/?page=Light-O-Rama%20Info

Reason I ask this is, according to Google Analytics, a majority (most of), my hits are coming from Google with people searching for Light-O-Rama help, or sequences. I like the hits, but I feel kinda bad that I have not spent very much time on that page. I just do not want to steer anyone wrong by accident.

Any comment would be wonderful!

Thanks!

--Daniel L

Hey Daniel, I looked at the page, but did not read through it. My only suggestion at this time has nothing to do with the content, but has to do with the page layout.

I was really straining to read the page because of the dark blue on black. After just 30 seconds, I couldn't really read much more and closed it out. Other combinations of graphics cards and monitors may not appear as clean as yours when other people are looking at it. Thus, a bit better contract would help.

Not that you are doing it, but also stay away from red and blue combinations. Color-blind people (7% of male population) can't read that combination.

on top fix the christmas adventure logo. its covering the first line.

also might want to explain what is sequencing after Transporting The Signal...
think of how someone who has never done this would ask.

What is you live in the "Baltimore Estate" and stringing cat5s every place is just not practical.

might want to change that

Thanks for the tips Evana & Richard!

I had forgotten to change the colors on that one page to match the site, but that is now fixed.

Evana,

Can you please provide some info about the logo spacing problem? I have checked that page on all the computer I can get my hands on and I don't see a problem. Could you please provide your OS version, browser version, screen resolution and if re-sizing the browser window changes the layout.

Thanks!

--Daniel L

Dan

You might want to add to the controllers section information regarding the PC product line and the Showtime line - as the PC units are good for budget minded consumer and the Showtime units are great for the beginner