Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon16 not found on show network

scubanimal

Set up my Pixcon16, it worked fine when I tested in inside, setting it up.  But now outside in the real show network with other components it is not found.   

My setup is a red RS485 out, to a 50' network cable, on a LOR enhanced 500k configured line to the Pixcon16, then from the Pixcon there is a 6' cable to a Pixie4 (star).  

The pixie4 is seen, but I am not able to control it from the Hardware Utility (though that could be user error, 

The pIxcon16 lights (red & green) are both  ON & STEADY. 

But when I try to "find" the Pixcon16 in the network utility it is not being found.    

Oh, and the STAR, from the Pixie4, is fully lite up all white, have yet to figure out how to turn those off.  The all go on as soon as power is applied. 

I currently have it set for     AuxD, Comm5, 500K,  enhanced is checked, on the Network panel,

Any ideas why the Pixcon16 is not being found?  

Should I change out the Red RS 485 to one of the powered RS485b models (though the spec's say its only good up to 250k) and this is for a MegaTree & Star? 

thank you!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Follow up,  never did figure this one out.  Ended up replacing the PixCon16 with a Pixie16, in the box (so everything else stayed the same),  Now mega tree works fine. ...  

Have not bench tested the PIxCon yet to see if I can figure out the root cause. 

2 hours ago, scubanimal said:

Follow up,  never did figure this one out.  Ended up replacing the PixCon16 with a Pixie16, in the box (so everything else stayed the same),  Now mega tree works fine. ...  

Have not bench tested the PIxCon yet to see if I can figure out the root cause. 

Stay all pixie controllers if you stay in the LOR network. Much easier to learn and configure.

JR

My Puxcon16 doesn’t appear in the network config program unless I manually disconnect from from the internet with an A/B switch. But, it still runs regardless 

Thank you JR & dgrant.  It was working fine on the bench, it was not until I had the megatree fully up that it stopped working.  I have not yet bench tested it again, as I just swapped out the Pixcon for a Pixie. The pixie is working fine now (though the pixie4 upstream is not perfect).   As those are the only 2 controllers on that network and I'm running it 500K enhanced I think I have my setup reasonable.  Since the Pixie works fine, and all I did was swap out the IC cards, I think that narrows it down fairly well to just the card.  

I'm still working on a matrix for my other PixCon16, maxing out its capabilities (16 strings of 170 pixel ea)  we'll see if that works.   Only catch is I think I'll have to run a new network and I'm out of USB ports.   

Once I figure out what is wrong with original PixCon16 I'll post that for others.  

• The topic was locked