Light-O-Rama Forums

status on variable twinkle / blink?

eldoradoboy

back a few months ago i heard rumors there was going to be the capabilities to set the rate of the shimmer and twinkle functions and it was due out late summer.. is this still in the works for 2008 or is it not going to happen? trying to decide if I need to make these effects manually or not?
-Christopher

I think these are part of the effects that will be added with the firmware update. Last official post I remember, Dan was not sure if he was going to do it this year or next. I, too, am hoping for work either way as I am holding off upgrading my sequencing because I don't want to have to update twice.

eldoradoboy wrote:

there is a firmware update coming? what changes are in it? I havent seen anything about it... how do I know if im running current firmware in my controllers?
-Christopher

Dan mentioned a firmware upgrade about a year or so ago. A few months ago, he indicated that it would be delayed as he was trying to decide if he should go with a new protocol. You should be running the latest firmware, but you can check on the LOR support page as it lists the downloads for the most recent firmware.

My personal opinion is that the new/revised firmware probably won't be out until sometime next year. With the season fast approaching, it might prove hectic trying to update firmware and any unforeseen bugs this close to lights on.

yeah im thinking forthe sequences I need flash in i will just do it through sequencing technique this year.. this is my first year with LOR (I ran AL last 2 years)... and dont want to add yet another iron to the fire so I think its a good idea the firmware will be after christmas - will be plenty of tim next year to test it all out and such..
-Christopher