Light-O-Rama Forums

G3-MP3Director

tomsusie

I have had a program running for past couple days using my director.  Today I went to test my show for tosnight and it keep getting a message which i cannot interpret.  But it is not reading or using or something with my SD card.  The flashing red light goes out when I insert the card but I do not see the blue light.  I have tried different SD cards, quick formatted and full formatted each card. Still nothign is working.  Attached is a picture of the screen with the error code.  It did update the time from my card but that was all it did.  Looking for help quickly in hopes that I can salvage my preview party tonight.

Thanks,

67630773_G3Directorpanelmessage.thumb.jpg.bc0da5a871278f6b2c4607b8e8b7c1ba.jpg

Hey there Tomsusie,

I am having a similar issue but the MP3 Director led will go steady once the SD card is inserted but will not play.  Question,  Did you program it with the new Hub?  I have and beginning to think it may be a software issue, going to try using the old program to see if that is the issue.  Will let you know if that is the issue.

John

John, my flashing red light would go off when the card was inserted.  No I did not use the new hub -- I'm using S4 this year.  I downloaded & installed S5 to look at it but decided it was too much of alearning curve to use this year.  I uninstalled and reinstalled S4 and used the S4 hub to program my SD card.  I may have stumbled upon the answer or go around.  I had set up my regular network to run at 115 and my aux to run at 500.  I decided to use the 57.6 level for my regular while keeping my aux at 500.  When I put that SD card into my Director it worked and started playing the song.  I was under the impression tht the director could handle the higher speeds but apparently not.  unfortuantely my excitement was limited as shortly after starting, my ground fault outlet cut out.  Tried a couple more times and happened each time.  Had over 1.25" of rain this morning so I think one or more of my displays may have gotten wetter than they should and tripped the outlet.  So now I have to figure out which one or ones is/are tripping it.  But it looks like I have the problem with my director solved.

39 minutes ago, Obejohnknobe said:

Hey there Tomsusie,

I am having a similar issue but the MP3 Director led will go steady once the SD card is inserted but will not play.  Question,  Did you program it with the new Hub?  I have and beginning to think it may be a software issue, going to try using the old program to see if that is the issue.  Will let you know if that is the issue.

John

If you are using S4 you should use the S4 hub to set up your SD card.  Not sure what new hub you are referring.

I use S4 but I did not know there was a version of the HUB.  It came up as new software when I started the simple showtime.  Weird.....

John

As far as I know S4 only has one hub.  S5 is a different story and I believe the hub is gone or not used in the same way.

I tried the S5 but like you said it was a huge learning curve.  I reinstalled S4 and have work this years show on it.  Not sure why my Director will not play and all indications are it works.  SD cards did program with HUB but think it may be a firmware update on MP3 director to show software from the HUB

• The topic was locked