Light-O-Rama Forums

5MM led strobe strings vs c9 led strobes

ebrown1972

For those of you who have used the 5mm led strobe strings and the c9 led strobe strings, which do you prefer and why? I am 100% pixels but am considering getting an AC controller so I can run some strobe strings or C9 strobes unless any of you know of some good pixel strobes that give a great effect. Also when the strobe strings or c9 strobes go on sale, what is a good price to pay for them? Anyone who has experience with both I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks,

Eric

I don't have the C9's

Simple (to me 😛 ) The 5mm are most effective if the top  (flat) faces the audience. That take extra work

I have both in my display.   I have the 5mm around my house and mega tree, and the c9's (both LED and Zenon) mixed throughout the yard on yard stakes. Both I've purchased during sales and from fellow forum members so a good price brand new I couldn't tell you.  As always the video doesn't do it justice, but you can see them on by themselves at the very end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h_oeikfbKE

I use them all.  5mm WW, Red, Green.  C9 LED & Xenon, C7 Xenon.  I also tried inline flat strobe strings. The 5mm really add a nice pop and twinkle when called for.  And they fade (dim).  Sealed and fullwave.  I do not try and position them.  They can be seen well enough from every angle. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crimson Lane Lights Etown said:

I use them all.  5mm WW, Red, Green.  C9 LED & Xenon, C7 Xenon.  I also tried inline flat strobe strings. The 5mm really add a nice pop and twinkle when called for.  And they fade (dim).  Sealed and fullwave.  I do not try and position them.  They can be seen well enough from every angle. 

Where did you purchase you 5mm's from? Thanks

33 minutes ago, ebrown1972 said:

Where did you purchase you 5mm's from? Thanks

https://thechristmaslightemporium.com/collections/5mm-strobe-light-strands

• Like 1

Many types of strobes has been part of my display.     I  do like the white in this video but I dont like the blue which are much dimmer.     These 5mm are wrapped to make them very close together with halogens below.

I dont like the LED globe strobes.  Not nearly bright enough by 10.  Dont believe it when you are told they are just as bright.     Some blink once a second and other 3-4 blinks a second.   More blinks better.

Edited by ItsMeBobO

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2019 at 8:44 AM, Little_b said:

I have both in my display.   I have the 5mm around my house and mega tree, and the c9's (both LED and Zenon) mixed throughout the yard on yard stakes. Both I've purchased during sales and from fellow forum members so a good price brand new I couldn't tell you.  As always the video doesn't do it justice, but you can see them on by themselves at the very end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h_oeikfbKE

That looks great. Approximately how many strings of the 5mm do you have on your house? Thanks,

Eric