Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Editor sequences randomly skipping sections

mrduncan

I’m currently running S4 (version 4.4.4). 

Computer configuration:

·         Windows 7

·         Processor: Intel Core i5 – 2400 CPU 3.10 GHz

·         RAM: 4 GB

My LOR setup:

·         4 – CTB16PC 16 channel controllers (3 - Gen 1 and 1 – Gen 2)

·         6 – RGB controllers.

In musical sequences that contain very fast on/off sections, the LOR units are skipping sections (i.e. randomly channels are not turning on or channels are turning on and not turning off for a couple of beats).   The musical sequences run fine when run within the LOR Sequence Editor.  This only occurs when running the sequences within the Show Editor. 

The RGB controller’s run just fine during the same very fast musical sections.

Edited by mrduncan

Almost certainly, the problem is congestion of your LOR network.  Since you have a Advanced level license, I assume you are not using an Enhanced network (not available except with Pro level license).  Also, your Gen 1 & 2 controllers wont work on an enhanced network.  How fast of network speed are you using?  Also, you said 3 RGB controllers.  Which controllers?

My network preferences are Regular LOR network.  The speed is set to the default (57.6K).

The RGB controllers are Dumb RGB controllers from HoildayCoro controlled via a DMX adapter.  These are set to channels 205 - 474.

Edited by mrduncan

I agree with the congestion of the LOR network but everything works fine when controlling the lights via the Sequence Editor.  I just have this problem when running the sequences through the Show Editor.

Edited by mrduncan