Light-O-Rama Forums

16 channel sequence

alanspeer

15 minutes ago, alanspeer said:

Is there a easy way to convert a 32 or 64 channi sequence to a 16 channel sequence?

You have to copy and paste from the donor sequence to your setup. Virtually no to setups are going to be identical, unless you find one and name everything and place everything the same as the donor.

There is no magic button for that.

You watch the vis. animation or preview and take what you want from theirs and place it to yours.

JR

2 hours ago, alanspeer said:

Is there a easy way to convert a 32 or 64 channi sequence to a 16 channel sequence?

To make this a little more clear from what JR said, a new sequences will need to be created BY YOU specific to your set up, once you have that, open up the 32, 64 or higher numbered controller sequence and then copy and paste what you want to use from it that may fir a particular item in your display.  What they used and what you may use might be 2 different things, depending on what it is.  I've created a new sequence with my channel and props set up and then taken things from many different sequences and copied them into my NEW Sequence, even if it wasn't the same exact item they had, I could still use it on another item that may be similar or completely different.

Just don't save it with the same filename of the "shared or bought sequence" because then you'll overwrite it. 

To avoid this, I do it this way: 

I save my new sequences in a different folder from where I keep sequences folks have shared with me, this is so I don't accidentally overwrite the sequence I'm copying from.   When I create my new sequence I'll save it to 2019 Christmas Show, then I'll close it, reopen it, then load the shared sequence from my shared sequences folder, copy and paste from it to MY NEW CREATED  Channel setup sequence that matches MY DISPLAY.

Then when I SAVE the sequence I created for my set-up, it SAVES it to the same directory where I opened it from. 

Don't ever save or resave a shared or bought sequence, you may need it again at some point.  So if you made changes to the shared/bought sequence, and it asks you to save it, say NO and, if it asks Are You Sure click Yes.  You always want to maintain the original shared sequence as you received it.

You can use any size display sequence and take away from it to add to YOUR OWN set up.

Good Luck!