Light-O-Rama Forums

DCMP3 and CMB16D

schristi69

I am trying to wrap my head around all of the different products here. I would like to build a Halloween project incorporating both motion and light like the Crate Beast. Upon activation, lights and sound are activated and various servos trigger items to shake the box, lift the lid, etc. Now I have found several plans that utilize various PROP1 or PROP2 controllers with CD players or MP3 players like the VMusic2. These all require programming in BasicSTAMP or some other language to make it work. Since I like LOR products so much and love the interface I was wondering can I accomplish the same with the DCMP3 and CMB16D DC card? They both have the ability to run the sequence in standalone mode, but the DCMP3 seems to be more robust in that it can run from an SD card and has the ability to trigger from a switch, Motion Detector, etc. I expect that it would be the master card and the 16 channel DC card would run the servos. Can the CMB16D be triggered by a Motion sensor or is it only triggered by a switch? Am I on the right track here? In the CMB16D documentation, I don't see anything about the PGM and OUTPUT headers. What are these for? Would the Mini-director work since it can be triggered?

Scott

Hi,

A combination of the mini-director and the CMB16D would give you the ability to trigger sounds and action from inputs. The mDC-MP3 has 3 inputs and you can have three different triggers cause three different things to happen. You can also have a 4th background activity running that is interrupted by the three triggers.

The triggers would be connected to the mDC-MP3 and the mDC-MP3 would be connected to the CMB16D... The same is true for the larger DC-MP3. You would have 6 triggers available vs 3.

Dan

• 1 month later...

i built a haunted house this year and used 2 mp3minis to run four actions ( shows ) first show can be programed to be interrupted, run show 2 once, then lights off in between shows . i used motion detectors and floor switches. i think LOR is great for haunted houses , with the card it takes a seconded to reprogram the timing

Repair wrote:

i built a haunted house this year and used 2 mp3minis to run four actions ( shows ) first show can be programed to be interrupted, run show 2 once, then lights off in between shows . i used motion detectors and floor switches. i think LOR is great for haunted houses , with the card it takes a seconded to reprogram the timing

You to? I used one mp3 mini and one parallel port controller. I hope yours was as fun as mine.