Light-O-Rama Forums

Well... suddenly one CTB won't turn off...

MichRX7

Well, I got all my boxes out and setup. Went to test and my third box turns all 16 channels on when only one channel gets a signal. I swapped cat5 jacks, ran a new cable, and even went from box 2 to box 4. Every other box is working properly.

If I open the Hardware Utility, hit lights on and they all come on, hit lights off and they stay on. Also opened the light console, if I turn on one channel all channels come on, but won't go off. Should I yank the box back in the house and try and re-address, or should I call LOR and see what the damage is to ship a new box overnight?

Am I hosed?

I would open up a help ticket with LOR, and check back here when someone more knowledgeable is on line. Chances are someone has run into this.

14 minutes ago, MichRX7 said:

Well, I got all my boxes out and setup. Went to test and my third box turns all 16 channels on when only one channel gets a signal. I swapped cat5 jacks, ran a new cable, and even went from box 2 to box 4. Every other box is working properly.

If I open the Hardware Utility, hit lights on and they all come on, hit lights off and they stay on. Also opened the light console, if I turn on one channel all channels come on, but won't go off. Should I yank the box back in the house and try and re-address, or should I call LOR and see what the damage is to ship a new box overnight?

Am I hosed?

ALL stay on? I would do a factory reset.  (page 9)  It can't hurt

The do the configuration over (with only this unit connected) Having CAT5 couplers saves a tear apart.. Just bypass the earlier controllers during the config.

Yeah, just created a support ticket, now going to try and now going to try and reset it. Have my booklet to page 9 and about to reset jumpers. I brought it in the house, wasn't that big of a deal. Just had to mark the wires I already plugged in and yank two nails out of a tree, lol...

Friday light up is sort of looking bleak, but I'm trying to be an optimist.

On 11/25/2019 at 1:23 PM, MichRX7 said:

Awesome, now to figure out how to cancel a trouble ticket...

If you got an e-mail from the Help Desk  stating they got your info and sent y0u a ticket nimber in that e-mail, just send a reply back and tell them you resolved it with a Controller Full Reset and no longer need the ticket open.   I seem to recall that's how it worked when I had put in one a long time ago.  Wouldn't think that would have changed.

• The topic was locked