Light-O-Rama Forums

Scheduling question

Donl1150

I am running S4 with a nice simple 32 channel config.   5 songs totaling about 18 minutes.  I want to run it every 1/2 hour and then go dark for 12 minutes.  One way to do it is to schedule a show on the half hour with a 15 minute run time.  That way it should go dark after the last song and start again 12 minutes after ending.  This involves multiple scheduling starts.  

Is there another way to do it with one schedule starting at 6 pm and ending at 10 pm?

See this: https://new.lorfaq.com/show-scheduling-example-2/ It should give you ideas.
You could also calculate the exact length of your musical sequences, and put an "off" sequence where the "All On" is from the example above. Then you could just run the show all night without having multiple schedules.

First of all, unless you have some insanely good reason, I STRONGLY recommend against going dark for 12 minutes.  What that means is that 40% of the time, you will be dark.  Or to put that another way, 40% of the people who drive to your house will see no lights and just keep on going (and they won't come back).

However the easiest way to do what you want (as a single show), is create a 12 minute sequence that has a music file that is just silence (Audacity makes that very easy to do) and either no lights, or some static lights, and schedule that as the 6th song in the rotation.

Actually, just make it a 12+ minute animation sequence. I explain this in another thread because my daughter is having me create the same thing at her house. I'll try and link my write up on that from another thread in the morning. 

59 minutes ago, Donl1150 said:

I am running S4 with a nice simple 32 channel config.   5 songs totaling about 18 minutes.  I want to run it every 1/2 hour and then go dark for 12 minutes.  One way to do it is to schedule a show on the half hour with a 15 minute run time.  That way it should go dark after the last song and start again 12 minutes after ending.  This involves multiple scheduling starts.  

Is there another way to do it with one schedule starting at 6 pm and ending at 10 pm?

You could try the MIIP and instead of going dark let your viewers take control.

I am with my friend Jim on this. If I went dark for more than a minute people would leave however I have had some people sit out front for a long time during a power outage once. No one had power but they still sit here. 

JR

I agree with my friends on using a schedule with planned dark time.     Even people who are aware of the schedule and plan well  will either arrive early and wait around or arrive a few minutes late missing the beginning.    At my job we would call this customer friction.    It seems to me this would cause traffic to bunch up and discourage people from coming.    

8 hours ago, MichRX7 said:

Actually, just make it a 12+ minute animation sequence. I explain this in another thread because my daughter is having me create the same thing at her house. I'll try and link my write up on that from another thread in the morning. 

And... found it

http://forums.lightorama.com/topic/50416-is-it-possible-to-keep-lights-on-when-not-in-a-show/?tab=comments#comment-464780