Light-O-Rama Forums

Using multiple controllers

Pcastain

4 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

There are 4  jumper on some models (and 5 pin sets) that are labeled DMX<>LOR. Not only do the jumpers go to the other side, but they shift to use the other pin row.  But G2 and 3's don't have this

I think my g1 only has one jumper connector on the second set of pins from the top 

1 minute ago, Pcastain said:

Yea my cardinal rule is to not troubleshoot while tired. Im wondering if I have multiple units with bad ports? What are the odds.. 

If that's the case LOR will send you some jacks/ ports. I just got two in the mail. Took only 2 days after HD ticket submission. I only needed one but asked for two in case I accidentally destroy one.

There was no charge.

JR

1 hour ago, Pcastain said:

How was the replacement process? I can solder. 

Haven't done it yet, I have more than enough controllers so swapping it out and will get it after the holidays. ItsMeBobo has a tutorial and he just reposted his video a few days ago, That's what made me remember I needed one.

You can prob find in in a quick search or maybe he will link you to it from here.

JR

Did you resolve this issue?  I had a similar situation because multiple units were trying to use the same channels.  Make sure you have the dip switches all set to zero so the software assigns the unit IDs. 

Also, pay attention to what unit ID the controller is using when you only have it plugged into the network.  Once I knew what Unit IDs the controlers where using I made sure they didn't overlap.  

On 11/24/2019 at 11:59 PM, Pcastain said:

I'll take a look, thanks! Does anyone know if you can use a network switch to split to the controllers? 

Absolutely not. LOR RS 485 protocol in NOT ethernet. It just uses a cat 5 cable.

Plugging a LOR network into an ethernet port will let the magic smoke out.

• The topic was locked