Light-O-Rama Forums

CHANNEL 2 IRRATIC RESPONSE

TEXASLIGHTOUTLAW

HELLO GUYS,

I have a question, so I got one ctb16d working yesterday, however one of the power inputs was not holding the power cord properly Dan said for me to send it for repairs, So I figure lets test the second controller that i Finished, when I go to Hardware Utility the PC does not find the controller, however when I play I sequence the lights work all except for Channel 2 it works on and off. is there a quick fix for this problem

Ricardo A

Pasadena, TX.

check for a cold solder joint or solder bridge along the triac and the opto for that channel.

Did you solder the board, or was it premade?

It sounds like two unrelated things going on.

LOT not showing up in the Hardware Utility might be caused by not having the com port set correctly. At least that seems to be the most common issue I run across.

As for channel two not working, hmmm that could be a bunch of things... solder joint, missing part not installed, diodes installed backwards, etc.

Is this a kit or a prefab board?

You can try typing the unit number in directly into the hardware utility and see if it can control the lights. In order for the HWU to "find" a unit, the unit has to transmit back to the HWU. In the sequence editor, typically the units don't "talk back", they just respond. So you might have some sort of "one-way-only" communication going on...

As noted above your channel 2 issue could be many things, including an improper channel config. You really need to get the HWU working so you can test it in isolation...

-Tim

It is a prefab board,

Its kinda odd, when i Play the sequence it works fine except channel 2 it works when it wants to. I tried to just test out channel by channel and 2 will not work at all. But when I play i sequence it channel two works sometimes. I will try the HWU and type the Circuit directly and see what happens. It was working fine with the other board that Dan is repairing, The HWU reconginzed that one right away, but not this one. I made sure the Unit was 01. I have sent Dan an E-mail lets see what happens.

I have had these boards maybe 2 years, this is my first year using them. I finally found the boxes, and all the other accessories to use them. Good thing Im finding out about these issues now and not Late November.

Ricardo A

That really sounds like a channel config issue to me. Double check all your channel settings in the sequence editor -- if two rows are both trying to control the same channel, you'll have issues similar to what you describe. Of course it could also be a hardware issue, but that's less likely with a prefab board.

Try the HWU test I suggested above when you get a chance as well.

-Tim

try resetting the unit id in the hwu

select the "any" id and reset it to 01

and like tim mentioned, check you sequencing- you may have two tracks controlling the same channel