Light-O-Rama Forums

Wireless via Easy Light Linker (ELL) doesn't work

CRowell

I disconnected the ELL and connected the Cat5 from the controller unit directly to the USB adapter and tried playing a sequence in the sequence editor (SE).  Works Great!

• Closed SE, opened Hardware Utility, clicked refresh to locate the network. 
  • Nothing found. 
  • Tried clearing the manual port (Comm 6, verified) and running Auto Configuration - nada.zip.
  • Tried opening the transmitter ELL, clicking "Stream Data" on the LOR RF tab and I can see the 'sending' led (second from left' pulsing along with the first led blinking.
  • Clicking Auto Configure displays a message that it cant find the LOR port and to check to be sure a device is plugged in and on.
  • Last two entries in Control Panel Log are:
    7:09:09 PM: Comm Listener error 3: Comm Winsock Error / 10053: Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure
    7:09:11 PM: Connected to Comm Listener
  • However command window for control panel shows:
    2019-11-24 19:09:11   1:LCM        [INFO ] Initializing
    2019-11-24 19:09:11  30:Listener   [INFO ] Listening on port 8837
    2019-11-24 19:09:11  32:Listener   [INFO ] Connection accepted (127.0.0.1:30404)
    2019-11-24 19:09:11   2:ReqHandler [INFO ] Client 127.0.0.1:30404 identified as Control Panel
    2019-11-24 19:09:11  32:Listener   [INFO ] Connection accepted (127.0.0.1:30148)
  • The ELL button at the bottom of the Hw Utility is active, suggesting it IS transmitting.

Not sure what to do next.

lor_hu-rf.png

Comm6 Events.jpg

Open up a help ticket with LOR, they will be able to help, might just take a little longer than normal. I am assuming you don't have a spare ELL to troubleshoot with. I would try swapping ELL's positions, and swap the connector position in the controller. Sounds dumb sometimes but it has worked for me. Now I keep at least one spare controller, ELL, HSB thingy.

The swap connector I am talking about is the cat5 connector in the controller, I believe i stepped on the cat5 cable one time and it yanked the controller a little, didn't work so I just swapped the positions the in/out cat5 cables and it worked. I am a lot more careful now because I think that connector is a real weak link, at least for my fat feet it is.

Edited by Kapkirk
add info

Tell us in detail exactly what is connected to what.  For example:  USB to RS485 red adapter > CTB16 controller 01 > ELL >>> ELL > CTB16 controller 02, etc.

Second, your screen captures shows the ELL as running at 115K speed.  Is that the speed that the LOR network is running?

Third, your screen capture shows the ELL as operating on channel 16.  Did you set BOTH ELLs to operate on channel 16?

Did you set this up just like the manuals says?  It must be less than 25' OF CABLE from the powering device. a 485B or another controller. 

I don't have one, but there is a whole section on how you must change the speed from 57K to other