Light-O-Rama Forums

Subsequence - cannot see the sequence in S5 - Help Request

ukoberon

So my neighbour and i both have a display and have done our own sequences for each of our properties.

The show is running from My PC and i intended to simply make my neighbours sequence a sub sequence within my sequence for each of the tracks we are doing.

When i go to add a sub sequence whilst in sequence editor the s5 software is looking for me to navigate to a .lms or a .las file - but as we are both working is S5 the files are .loredit and i cannot select them.

So now i cannot add the sub sequence to my sequence ......What am i doing wrong folks??

Anyone? Really struggling here - supposed to be live this weekend and cannot link the sequences for a coordinated show.

Parent sequences sit on my PC - need to add in the sub sequences - but they are .loredit files and adding a subsequence looks for .lms and .las

Grateful for any guidance - have opened a ticket also - but its so busy i guess - had a stand by holding response but i guess theres plenty of people seeking asststance right now.

i don't know anything about subsequences, but have you tried creating a show with only your subsequences in it and then running the show to "compile" them. This has been discussed in a number of other threads, You can then point your subsequence add to the subdirectory /LORinternal/Playback/L where they get saved. They are saved as lms and las files there. Maybe that would get you running.

Just a guess

Edited by stevehoyt

Thanks Stevehoyt - ended up editing the xml files to bring the sub sequences directly in - will investigate what you suggest if the matter isnt resolved ina future release.

On 12/5/2019 at 9:11 AM, ukoberon said:

Thanks Stevehoyt - ended up editing the xml files to bring the sub sequences directly in - will investigate what you suggest if the matter isnt resolved ina future release.

Glad you found a work-around. For now, subsequences in S5 sequences can only be in the S4 format (or playabck files as mentioned above). We are looking at supporting subsequences in the S5 (LOREDIT) format in 2020.

Matt

Why is it that every time LOR  has a new version,  the file types from the last versions are totally different?    Do any of the previous file types play in S5?  (.lms, .sup, )

23 hours ago, MattBrown said:

Glad you found a work-around. For now, subsequences in S5 sequences can only be in the S4 format (or playabck files as mentioned above). We are looking at supporting subsequences in the S5 (LOREDIT) format in 2020.

Matt

Hi Matt,  just an FYI ... We cannot use playback files with any superstar features with the above suggested method ... It will be great if this is picked up for a future release . Thanks for responding anyhow.

• 2 months later...
On 12/6/2019 at 5:14 PM, MattBrown said:

Matt

Hi Matt, just wondering if this is still something that will be done in 2020 - before we start building new sequences i wanted to check whether im going to have the same issue.  thanks.