Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC ver 2 issue

Mike Anderson

Will this older controller not work on an enhanced network?  I bought it used to run a spiral tree. I can find it in utility but it will not connect to my network.  Already changed cables and did basic troubleshooting. I’ve read that it should work and I’ve read that it won’t work

Correct.  The older controllers will not operate on an Enhanced LOR network.  There is no firmware update that can fix that (hardware changes).

Crap.  Now I have to find a new one.  Show looks silly with a dead spiral tree right up front...

Thanks for the reply

Just now, Mike Anderson said:

Crap.  Now I have to find a new one.  Show looks silly with a dead spiral tree right up front...

Thanks for the reply

Get another NW adapter (the red one) and put it on its own network.

Some people say it will work with enhanced but I know from experience.

Cheaper to buy an adapter than a controller.

JR

2 minutes ago, Mike Anderson said:

Thanks for the reply

Try having a mega tree 24’ laying on its side like a yard ornament.

My friends say its time to retire the mega tree but it’s one of my wife’s favorites but at almost 2 weeks working on it and still not in the air- :( normally takes 1 day to erect it and 1 week to place strands but I wanted to retire the tower and go with a “fast tree”.

JR

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

Try having a mega tree 24’ laying on its side like a yard ornament.

My friends say its time to retire the mega tree but it’s one of my wife’s favorites but at almost 2 weeks working on it and still not in the air- :( normally takes 1 day to erect it and 1 week to place strands but I wanted to retire the tower and go with a “fast tree”.

JR

My mega tree is about the only thing left that isn't pixels and the only original prop left in my display from when I started. I am thinking of replacing next year with a 48 strand pixel tree.

4 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Get another NW adapter (the red one) and put it on its own network.

Some people say it will work with enhanced but I know from experience.

Cheaper to buy an adapter than a controller.

JR

I have a second red adapter.  How do I go about putting it on its own network? I know change it in the channel confit, but would that cable run from my computer straight to this controller.

You will need two USB ports, one for each adaptor. The drivers are already there so just plug it in and look in device manager for the com port to appear. Then set up each network in LOR  Network Prefs.

One regular, one Aux A, with one of them enhanced and one not,  You will need to change your sequences to reflect the changed network.

45 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

My mega tree is about the only thing left that isn't pixels and the only original prop left in my display from when I started. I am thinking of replacing next year with a 48 strand pixel tree.

I have been working on my old 10’ CLS megatree. I broke it out for the second time in its life Sunday.

I installed a boscoyo strip with 50 RGB nodes.

I am considering this year replacing the mt with it while I attempt to fix the flaws in my fast tree.

I have 1 week before show time and have wasted a lot of time. I couldn’t decorate the left side of my yard until that tree is up, being the first year with the new design I didn’t want to have to move props around if it was blocking anything.

Plus the fact I have no sequences for a 360 tree but being 16x50 am thinking the normal ccr tree sequences should work.

JR