Light-O-Rama Forums

Background sequence wont stay on

Jim Budensiek

Ok, here is one that the LOR Help Desk is puzzled over. I have my show all set up with the following sequences included on the show itself: Background (Animation), Start up, Musical and Shut down. When i start the show, my Background sequence starts just fine. When the musical section starts, my background sequences goes off then comes back on in probably 20-30 seconds. I am running the Advanced level so i have access to the background in the show editor. When I'm running a show, the background sequence shows as active in the Control Panel. Another twist...this year i upgraded to the S5 from the S4 and migrated all my props over to the current visualizer. These two circuits that i am using for the background sequence, which happen to be my radio signs, got archived in the transition. So, all my 2018 sequences that were converted to LOREDIT have these two circuits as archived. All my new sequences have these two channels as active. Any suggestions as to what i'm missing? Should i delete these two channels from each of the musical songs and keep them in the animation sequence that i'm using for my background?

Edited by Jim Budensiek

Disclaimer: I took a quick read. However, your last sentences are where the problem might be.

If, as an example., you have controller/Unit 04, Circuits 13, 14, 15, 16 as the channels you want to use for the Background sequences, then Unit 04, 13, 14, 15, 16 shouldn't even be your musical sequences. I don't mean there and not used, I mean not there at all. You wouldn't want them listed in the musical sequences.

The *only* place you want U4, C13-16 configured would be in your Background channels.

(Replace U4/C13-16 with whatever you are using.)

My first guess is that based on your last sentence, the two channels that are in your Background sequence are also in the preview that is used by one or more of your Musical sequences.  This will result in conflicting commands being sent to the channels. 

While I was answering a phone call, I see Don pretty much said what I said...

And just to cap it off, delete them from  Preview.

S4 Visualizer would allow you to see the background activity without having the channels in the musical sequence. Sequencer and Preview will not. Another lost feature.

Thanks for the info. I will delete all these Archived props from the musical sequences and see what happens. Right after i back these up of course!!!

Update: i have deleted all the archived channels off of each song but i think these commands taken from the control panel while running a show might have been the culprit? the radio signs when off when these commands happened and came back on shortly. the second run through the show was uneventful so i think this may be the cause. Thanks for your help!

1:41:54 PM: Created playback file because it did not exist

1:41:54 PM: Loading sequence: C:\Users\*****\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\2019 Sequences\Jingle Bell Rock EDIT 2019.0000.61.play.lms

1:41:56 PM: Exporting compressed sequence for C:\Users\*****\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\2019 Sequences\Jingle Bell Rock EDIT 2019.0000.61.play.lms