Light-O-Rama Forums

Is it this easy?

techiebeckyg

We have been using LOR Showtime with 2 controllers for a few years, this year we are adding a singing tree (from LOR - not hand built) and CMB-24D Deluxe card.  Is this really going to be as easy as stringing these new controllers off controller #2 or is there something else I need to do in the software?  I vaguely remember having to set the controller numbers, but the software was a lot different then.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  Trying to get this live this weekend before we leave town for the Holiday - thankfully I can start it up remotely 🙂

B

If your singing tree is using dumb RGB and the CMB24D and your first two controllers use ID's 1 & 2 then you would set the ID of the CMB24D to 3 via the dip switches on the controller and plug it inline.

Thanks Mr. P - the CMB24D is for window lights, sorry I didn't explain that.  Zuzu (the tree) came with her own controller.  Would there be a preference on which new controller is 3 or 4, or can I just set the tree to 3 and the CMB to 4 and give it a try?

2 minutes ago, techiebeckyg said:

Thanks Mr. P - the CMB24D is for window lights, sorry I didn't explain that.  Zuzu (the tree) came with her own controller.  Would there be a preference on which new controller is 3 or 4, or can I just set the tree to 3 and the CMB to 4 and give it a try?

SInce you purchased the singing tree with pixels it will come with a Pixie2 controller so you will use two ID's for that controller, one for each port. So the CMB24D will use one ID (3) and the Pixie will use two (4&5)

• Like 1

• The topic was locked