Light-O-Rama Forums

multiple controllers

sjenks

2 hours ago, sjenks said:

Orville they’re not turning on at the wrong time they aren’t turning on at all. All my sequences were used every year with no problem. I started with one controller a few years later added a second and this year I have added a third. Changed all  the sequences to 48 channels. And yes I have the Standard license. Will upgrade if that is what is needed. 

Your standard license should not be a problem because it goes to 8 controllers. Just saw Orville already said that. Have you checked for a solid green light in each controller? Might be just a cable between the controllers. If your sequences have been changed that's another place to look if you have solid green lights on in the controllers.

Edited by Kapkirk
addition and spelling

did you try from the hardware utility as I mentioned above, do the lights work from there.  If not, check the cables, the ethernet sockets can pull away from the board.   Although, typically that would also prevent the red light from coming on.   I would also try each individually and then chain them together.   

If your network is not correct in SE you will have no lights.

Also look for a “control lights” I believe it’s in tools

Not sure if S5 has the control lights button

JR

Sjenks

The control lights box to check and see if it is checked is in SE under Play. Not sure if that is your problem but check and see. I thought it was in tools also but didn't find it there. Also I never remember checking any of these box's during sequencing or any other time, and I don't want to uncheck mine to see if anything happens or doesn't happen then have a problem, at this close to opening night I won't upgrade anything at this point until after xmas.

Edited by Kapkirk
addition info

If trying to play from sequence editor, be sure to start the control panel first and then start sequence editor.   the control panel has to have a connection first and then sequence editor can use it.

4 hours ago, dibblejr said:

If your network is not correct in SE you will have no lights.

Also look for a “control lights” I believe it’s in tools

Not sure if S5 has the control lights button

JR

He's using 4.3.36.

Like others have stated, could be Control Lights is not checked in the SE, Control Panel is not loaded {if you have the red LOR light bulb icon in the lower right of your task bar, then Control panel is loaded}, and lastly could be a channel configuration issueWhich I'm more inclined to lean toward an incorrect channel configuration.  Which is a very easy fix, if that's what it turns out to be.  Actually after re-reading he isn't getting ANY lights on when playing the sequence, either Control Panel is not loaded or Control Lights is not checked, possibly could be BOTH.

One warning though, if you have Control Panel loaded and have a Show loaded, the SE WILL UNCHECK the Control Lights option if you load the SE, once the show is unloaded, you'll have to stop the SE and restart it, then the Control Lights will again be checked.   The SE should give you a warning pop up before it loads warning you you won't be able to control lights, visualizer, etc. And that the Show Player is running and needs to be disabled.

Edited by Orville

Well don't give up, after your firmware upgrade come back here and let us know how its going, it's the busy time but someone is always around sooner or later to try and help. Also you could open a help request with LOR and they might give you another route. But don't give up, there is a solution, usually an "easy why didn't I think of that" idea.

Keith

VERY seldom do you need to update firmware.  The only time I have NEEDED to update firmware was when I tried to use my first released CCPs on an Enhanced network (which had not been invented when the CCPs were first released).  Had to firmware update the CCPs so that they knew what an enhanced network was.  this is not like Windows which updates drives every time you turn around :)  As long as a function is supported on the version installed, there is no need to update - ever.  If something new comes along (for example Enhanced networking in my case), that may require a firmware update.