Light-O-Rama Forums

CF50 Flood not seen in chain

cdlouke

Ok Guys need some help!

I have two CF50 Floods, Flood #14 and 15 I am using. I can test each one independently in HU and both work. When I plug them into the chain and configure with HU Flood #14 is not seen. Anyone have any Ideas.

Setup is: CTB16PC-Unit #1,2,3.

Pixie16 Unit 4

CF50 Floods Unit 14 and 15

Pixie 08 Unit #16

Is #14 at the end of the chain?  That would be a good indication of a cable problem or a RJ-45 connector problem - either on the downstream port of the upstream controller, or the port on #14 that the Cat-5 is plugged into.

• Like 1

Next step is don't worry about the Hardware Utility - will the flood play in a sequence?  It is fairly common for the HU to miss a controller or two when there is a bunch in the chain.

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

Are you counting in HEX?

The Pixie 16 is 4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F,10,12,13,14 

You missed 11, so the Pixie16 is 04 - 13.  I asked myself the same question....

3 hours ago, m00987 said:

I have the same problem.  And all the other controllers both upstream and downstream are working fine. Please help.

Is the flood powered up properly. The network simply passes thru whether powered or not

(the status led will be lit: solid if the network is running. 2 flashes if just powered) The back does need to be removed (and carefully put back to maintain the seal when done

I got mine working. It was a bad Cat cable. It was sending info before and after the flood but not to the flood its self. Go Figure!

Jim Thanks for the suggestion.

So you guys are saying that if you add a pixie16 or a pixcon16 to your display and assign it a starting ID number that it automatically assigns the next 15 unit ID's counting in the hex format?  So one unit ID per output? Make sure there is no overlap of ID's or some units won't work. 

11 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Is the flood powered up properly. The network simply passes thru whether powered or not

(the status led will be lit: solid if the network is running. 2 flashes if just powered) The back does need to be removed (and carefully put back to maintain the seal when done

Well after opening the back it looks like water got in there at some point.  The board is all corroded and no lights come on.  I think it’s toast. ☹️

9 minutes ago, Crimson Lane Lights Etown said:

So you guys are saying that if you add a pixie16 or a pixcon16 to your display and assign it a starting ID number that it automatically assigns the next 15 unit ID's counting in the hex format?  So one unit ID per output? Make sure there is no overlap of ID's or some units won't work. 

That is correct. A Pixie16 or Pixcon16 uses 16 Unit ID's, a Pixie8 uses 8 and so on.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, m00987 said:

Well after opening the back it looks like water got in there at some point.  The board is all corroded and no lights come on.  I think it’s toast. ☹️

M, I had the same problem last year and LOR replaced the flood free of charge. I recommend you open a ticket with them and ask

37 minutes ago, Crimson Lane Lights Etown said:

Correct.  Not so much the something won't work, but rather that if there are overlapping Unit IDs, a controller will get multiple conflicting commands so it will not do what you expect.

• The topic was locked