Light-O-Rama Forums

Pro Licence key

JoeyD

I purchased the TSO signature series and when I bought it it said it came with the pro license. I then got an email for standard licence. I checked back and sure enough it was magically missing "comes with pro license" what are my options I want to run superstar but pro is required with S5.

I didnt even care to have the TSO SD card I have plenty of TSO sequences the PRO level was a bonus with the SD card to me compared to the Showtime Central Package.

Thank you. I took a screen shot of it. It definitely says it now but I don't think ot did when I looked before. Not to sound dumb but I have s5 installed but I notice they sent me an s4 disc. Does it matter what software or your level key is your level key

2 hours ago, JoeyD said:

Thank you. I took a screen shot of it. It definitely says it now but I don't think ot did when I looked before. Not to sound dumb but I have s5 installed but I notice they sent me an s4 disc. Does it matter what software or your level key is your level key

Slightly.

an older  4.x Pro key will not work on 5.x.  OTOH a 5.x Pro key will activate 4.x.  There is a purchased time factor in your key. If they sent 4.x at purchase , you may be in the transition period .   The Help desk/license verification tool  (on the software page), will tell you what you are allowed

A key is a key. Period.

If *your* key is good for the Advanced License level, then you can run *any* version of the software, at the Advanced License Level.

If *your* key is good for the Pro License Level, then you can run the software on any version at the Pro License Level.

The "pro" level was introduced in S4 as part of the Pixel Editor (since merged into the main Sequence Editor in S5.)

Your license will run the software forever. The expiration date of your license affects only your ability to run newer versions of the software that come out after your license has "expired."
(*Expired meaning the date at which you can no longer upgrade to newer versions 5.x, etc., of the software.)

I'm still using the same license key I got back, I think, with version 2.76 of the software. (or was it 2.12? Now I have to go research.)

Pro has only been offered with the TSO package starting this year some time.

When you open your ticket, please include your order number so we can look up the date of your purchase.

FYI:

Light-O-Rama software downloads can be found at http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/. The latest version is at the top of the page and previous versions are located at the bottom of the page. It's a big file and could take several minutes to download so be patient. 

To see a comparison of the different license levels:  http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-suite-levels/

To check your license status: http://lightorama.com/licenseCheck.html 

This will tell you the maximum version your current license is good for.  Anything after that would require a renewal or upgrade (Which would then include updates for the next year).