Light-O-Rama Forums

Software Update Question

Rousefamily5

Hello,

I am running 4.3.18 Pro, however, I see 4.4.4 is available. My question, "If I update to the newest version will I erase my programming for the 2019 show?"

Thanks,

Rousefamily5

No updates will touch your files, but you never know when something might go wrong. You should always have your hard work backed up.

4.4.4 is only a small update to S4. However you probably won't even be able to tell the difference. Why risk it this close to showtime.

If you want to know what is in the update, look in the what's new section of the help file.

Roger that, good advise!!!

I inadvertently deleted my 2018 show 6 days shy of go live!

I am trying to fix what I believe is a possible bug issue... My circuit count is off- just wrote another post for help.

Window frame 59 pixels, overlap should be 9, however, it's reading 58. WTHeck!

14 hours ago, Rousefamily5 said:

I inadvertently deleted my 2018 show 6 days shy of go live!

Backup, Backup, & Off Site Backup

14 hours ago, Rousefamily5 said:

I am trying to fix what I believe is a possible bug issue... My circuit count is off- just wrote another post for help.

I responded over there.

As a general rule of thumb, at some point prior to show start (weeks), freeze software.  No Windows updates, no software updates, no firmware updates, no virus scan updates.  A lot of people completely disconnect their computer from the internet - I don't, but I am doing things that require internet (MIIP primarily) during the show.