Light-O-Rama Forums

Incorrect Circuit Count - wrong carry over

Rousefamily5

Hello, I am setting up my Pixie16's. In the pixie editor under the Preview Design my prop definition for window frame I have a total of 59 pixels. By my count that's a carry over of 9 circuits over the 150 circuits. Max for each channel is 170 circuits.  My start circuit is 1, and max circuit is set to 170. Everything looks find, I think. 

network: Reg; Unit ID (ok); start Circuit 1, End Circuit 170 (or 150), carry over is 58...

Does anyone if this is a bug related?

Thanks,

Rousefamily5

First of all, please revise your terminology.  Please do not refer to an output from a pixel controller as a channel - it's not.  It is an output or port, or maybe even a circuit, but will have many channels.

I'm not really understanding your problem - although I suspect that it may relate to your reversing of circuits vs channels.  59 pixels would be 177 channels which is not a problem with a Pixie controller.  Can you post a screen capture of your prop definition screen

• 1 year later...

Hi Jim(K6ccc),

It's rousefamily5 again with another question... You fixed another problem last year (2019) so I hope you can help again. I'm getting back to the same question I wrote last year, see above.

I have three large windows that exceed the my 50 ct. pixel strand, WS2811. I added 10 extra pixels to the each strand. In test mode the entire strand sequences through (Red, Green, Blue), however, when running the sequence the pixels I added will not light. All other pixels lights up to the point where I added pixels. I believe everything is correct in the prop definition. I am using the 5.5.14 S5, Pixie 16. I entered the correct number of nodes for top/bottom and left/right. I have doubts about the max circuit, should it be set to 150 for carryover or should it be set to 510. Neither way runs the extra pixels. Yes, the arrow on the back of the node is pointed in the correct direction. 

Any insight would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Peter

rousefamily5 

• The topic was locked